Nanotechnology is the study of structures that are less than 100 nanometers in size. This technology is capable of changing how materials are manufactured and the functionalities involved can be augmented or retained. Aerospace nanotechnology comprises three types of nanomaterial, namely, polymer nanocomposites, anti-corrosion coatings, and nanostructured metals. Nanostructured materials are also used in development of traditional energetic materials used in ammunition. The development of carbon nanotube composites in the manufacturing of airframes is expected to be one of the major driving factors impacting the growth of nanotechnology in aerospace over the forecast period. Vendors are promoting alternative ways to reduce carbon dioxide emission and save energy as consumers become more aware of global warming and climatic changes as a result of rising greenhouse gas emission. Increasing investment in nanotechnology to adopt the use of lightweight materials that have multifunctional and high mechanical properties are expected to drive the aerospace nanotechnology market over the forecast period. The application of aerospace nanotechnology in maritime warfare is likely to gain traction for the growth of this market soon. Aerospace nanotechnology is likely to improve the capability of marine and submerged combat platforms by strengthening its defense sector, allowing for the development of nano sensors that will help in detection of enemy submarines. Aerospace nanotechnology is an emerging trend that helps in the production of energetic materials and is anticipated to influence the manufacturing processes of the defense aerospace industry.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 has had an impact on the aerospace nanotechnology market forecast in variety of ways including directly impacting production and demand, causing supply chain disruption, and having a financial impact on corporations and financial markets. Intel factories around the globe continue to operate on a relatively normal basis with manufacturing, assembly, testing, and supply chain operations in New Mexico California, Oregon, and Arizona, as well as Malaysia, Ireland, Israel, China, Vietnam, and other Intel and partner locations. Olympus has set up a global task force to ensure business continuity and to implement measures to ensure a consistent supply of goods and services to its customers all while maintaining the top priority of protecting the health and safety of its staff, healthcare professionals, patients, and communities. In response to the declaration of a state of emergency by the Government of Japan, Olympus Corporation and Olympus group companies have instructed employees globally to work from home until Friday 29 May 2022.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in innovation, the use of carbon nanotube nanocomposites in airframe manufacturing, and development in stealth technology used in airborne platforms drive the market growth.
- Issues about to the deployment of nanotech devices in extreme weather condition is expected to hamper the market growth.
- Increase in government support and R&D spending in nanotechnology is seen as a market investments opportunity.
The Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Trends Are as Follows:
Issues Pertaining to the Deployment of Nanotech Devices in Extreme Weather Conditions
Extreme weather conditions such as electromagnetic noise, radiation, high vacuum, and high temperature are expected to work with nanotech devices. Device in the field of nanotechnology, must meet stringent accuracy specifications for displacement, force, and response times. These new requirements add to the difficulty of compensating for or eliminating cross-sensitivities. Many devices lose their precision and reliability when exposed to harsh environments. Advanced nano sensors and other devices must have maximum autonomy so that they can operate independently and with minimal maintenance. The next-generation of nanotechnology will be deployed in remote or inaccessible locations as well as harsh environments that present many challenges to sensor design, materials, device functionality, and packaging. All these aspects of integrated sensors and systems require a multidisciplinary approach to overcome these challenges. Therefore, problems about the deployment of the nanodevices across various aerospace applications, such as materials science, nanofabrication technology, device design, circuitry & systems, packaging, and measurement strategy, under extreme weather conditions hamper the growth of the nanotechnology market globally.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aerospace nanotechnology market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the aerospace nanotechnology market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the aerospace nanotechnology market.
- The report provides a detailed aerospace nanotechnology market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the aerospace nanotechnology market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the aerospace nanotechnology market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aerospace Nanotechnology Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Flight Shield, tripleO Performance Solution, Lockheed Martin, HR Toughguard, Zyvex Technologies, Lufthansa Technik, Glonatech, Airbus