Aerospace Pressure Bulkheads Market Outlook - 2027
The aerospace pressure bulkhead is the rear component of the pressure seal in all aircraft that cruise in a tropopause zone in the earth's atmosphere. It helps to maintain pressure and protects the aircraft from bursting due to the higher internal pressure.
Moreover, pressure bulkheads can either be curved, which reduces the amount of metal needed at the cost of reducing the usable space in the airliner, or flat, which not only gives more internal space but also more weight. Aviation certifying authorities have often mandated inspections of an aircraft's aft pressure bulkhead in the interest of safety to prevent any accident.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The global market for aerospace pressure bulkheads is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of aerospace pressure bulkheads, which negatively impact the market growth.
- In addition, many small vendors and OEMs from aircraft industry are unable to do business due lockdown norms made in wake of increasing mortality rate and as a measure to further spread of virus.
- However, this situation is expected to improve as government has started relaxing norms around the world for resuming business activities.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Pressure bulkheads plays critical role in safety and security of an aircraft especially during high pressure. Pressure bulkheads are the primary structure members which combined with a fuselage or cabin provide a sealed pressure vessel and carry the forward and rear pressure loads when the cabin is pressurized.
Furthermore, Many times the rear pressure bulkhead ruptured because fatigue cracks propagating from the spliced section of the bulkhead's web weakened the bulkhead to the extent that it could no longer endure the in-flight cabin pressure. This is the significant driver for aerospace pressure bulkheads market.
In addition, composite pressure bulkheads are highly corrosion resistant and offer high strength-to-weight ratio, low maintenance requirement, and contain a reduced number of parts.
Also, increasing use of aircrafts in military warfare as combat and special mission aircrafts further driver the growth of Aerospace Pressure Bulkheads Market.
Aerospace Pressure Bulkheads Market trends are as follows:
Thermoplastic rear pressure bulkheads
Premium AEROTEC has recently developed an innovative thermoplastic rear pressure bulkhead, using TenCate Cetex thermoplastic composite materials, meeting the challenge of increased build rates whilst light weighting the existing generation of single-aisle aircraft.
The rear pressure bulkhead forms an airtight barrier between the passenger cabin and the tail section, maintaining the correct air pressure and ensuring a safe flight and it also carries structural loads, e.g., torsional loads from the VTP.
With this premium AEROTEC achieved Cutting-edge thermoforming process for large and complex shapes (3D-shaped components), Innovative welding technology incorporating a homogenous composite structure (without extraneous material), Innovative integration of doublers, and first ever use of thermoplastic composite materials for this application (large primary structure)
Aernnova and Boeing collaboration for making pressure bulkheads
Boeing in collaboration with Aernnova have launched first Aft Pressure Bulkheads. The Aft Pressure Bulkhead is a dome-shaped structural wall at the rear of the fuselage responsible for maintaining passenger cabin pressure. The component—highly critical both structurally and in terms of 787 Program Final Assembly Line (FAL) needs—is produced using leading edge automation technologies both at composite detail part manufacturing and assembly levels.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aerospace pressure bulkheads market for military and aerospace along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of aerospace pressure bulkheads market for military and aerospace share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight aerospace pressure bulkheads market for military and aerospace.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed aerospace pressure bulkheads market for military and aerospace analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in aerospace pressure bulkheads market for military and aerospace report:
- Which are the leading players active in the aerospace pressure bulkheads market for military and aerospace?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aerospace Pressure Bulkheads Market Report Highlights
By Shape type
By Manufacturing process
Key Market Players
Boeing, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Bombardier Inc., Embraer, Triumph Group, Aernnova Web and KHI Industries, AVIC SAC Commercial Aircraft Company Ltd, Premium Aerotech GmbH, Ruag Aerostructures