Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVS) are devices used to protect vulnerable circuits from electrical overstress such as that caused by electrostatic discharge, inductive load switching, and induced lightning. Within TVS, damaging voltage spikes are limited by the clamping or avalanche action of a rugged silicon p-n junction which reduces the amplitude of the transient to a non-destructive level. Aerospace TVS Diodes are semiconductor devices that protect circuits from transient overvoltage. The military uses this to ensure that critical systems can operate in all environments, while aerospace companies use it to protect data on communications equipment such as satellites or onboard avionics computers. Moreover, a system using these TVS diodes may be able to withstand voltage spikes from lightning or another aerial bombardment while remaining unaffected by the power loss in a short circuit. Furthermore, the TVS diodes are used to protect sensitive equipment against high voltage transients. Military/Aerospace TVS diodes can withstand a wide range of transient voltages without failure, even at energy levels up to 100 kilovolts per centimeter
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
- Governments across major countries have announced a lockdown because of the COVID 19 pandemic resulting in the halt in business. The lockdown and travel restrictions have severely affected the aviation industry since global air travel was halted. Moreover, due to lockdown, aircraft manufacturing was disrupted affecting demand for aerospace TVS devices. Furthermore, due to lockdown, previously manufactured aerospace TVS devices were unable to deliver further delaying the process. Furthermore, due to social distancing norms, there was the labor unavailability required for the manufacturing of aerospace TVS devices which further delayed the operation. Furthermore, during COVID-19 a shortage of semiconductor diode was observed in the market affecting the production of aerospace TVS devices. The aviation industry is a developing sector that was severely affected by the pandemic, but it is expected to recover post-pandemic and drive the demand for the aerospace TVS market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in government investment in military & defense equipment, increase in demand for safety of aerospace equipment, and surge in demand for better safety of equipment drive the growth of the market.
High initial & maintenance cost and faulty equipment hinder growth of the market.
Rise in number of passengers opting for air travel, rise in manufacturing of aircraft, and rise in R&D for new technology act as an opportunity for market growth.
Rise in Demand for Safety of Aerospace Equipment
- The aerospace sector employs a large amount of expensive and essential equipment that can be damaged by electrical overstress or lighting. TVS manufacturers are constantly innovating their devices to provide better protection. For instance, integrated circuit manufacturer Microchip Technology Inc. introduced a 3 kW TVS diode array for circuit protection for aircraft in harsh environment in 2020. Moreover, in 2019 MDE Semiconductor, Inc. manufactured 30 KP TVS diode for the U.S. Air Force’s remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS). Furthermore, semiconductor & diode manufacturer ELEXIS developed a new TVS made of silicon carbide for aircraft equipment in 2020. Furthermore, the demand for the safety of aerospace equipment drives the growth of the aerospace TVS market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aerospace TVS market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the aerospace TVS market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the aerospace TVS market.
- The report provides detailed aerospace TVS market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Aerospace TVS Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the aerospace TVS market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the aerospace TVS market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aerospace TVS Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
UN Semiconductor, LAN technology, Semtech Corporation, Nexperia, STMicroelectronics, Protek Devices, Littelfuse Inc, Vishay Intertechnology Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Bourns Inc.