Aerostat Systems Market Outlook – 2027
An aerostat is an aerodynamically structured tethered balloon containing a lighter than air gasses such as helium, hydrogen, and hot air gasses, which generate a large part of the lifting force. Aerostats are commonly used for a range of research and commercial purposes as an aerial framework. They are used for intelligence, surveillance, identification (ISR), and civil observation by military forces. Aerostats are ellipsoidal and suffer from a significant horizontal shift due to environmental winds. When the drag force acting on aerostat is high, the horizontal displacement is higher. The required operating altitude requires a longer tether, which reduces the potential for payloads. Aerostat operating costs are lower than unmanned aerial systems, the latter are costly and have low endurance.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Because national safety is foremost important and safeguarding soldiers is a prime requirement that needs to be taken care of, therefore even while the world is tackling COVID-19 pandemic, still all the tactical procurement and maintenance related to the defense sector is continuing in majority of the countries.
- Tech firms are stepping up their emphasis on high-demand innovations and finding new ways to support their consumers, even as the COVID-19 crisis poses problems across sectors and leads to a decline in high technology investment.
- Major powers like the U.S. have already halted all troop movement, missions, and exercises. Supply-side shocks are indeed some of the most noticeable impacts on the defense sector from the consequences of the pandemic.
- Defense has a comprehensive surveillance network in tandem with highly trained pilots and these facilities are being used to track the situation of law and order, during such times when the nation is under lockdown.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
It is expected that an increase in the need for accuracy in geospatial information would drive demand and supply of aerostat systems worldwide. The production of aerostat systems for communications, control, intelligence, surveillance, and recognition applications are being driven further by increasing numbers of terrorist activities. Features such as environmentally friendly, safe, low maintenance and operating costs and high structural integrity will continue to encourage the demand of aerostat systems. The growth of the global market should be stimulated through new product developments, innovation, and an increasing number of projects. Major costs associated with initial setup are expected to pose significant business challenges. Furthermore, limitations related to operating altitude and the restrictions associated with payload are further likely to impede market development.
The global aerostat systems market trends are as follows:
New product launches and deals to flourish the market
The United States Department of Homeland Security has awarded Peraton a contract of US$ 277.5 million for Tethered Aerostat Radar Systems (TARS) for low-level border and maritime supervision operations in February 2020. In August 2019, Drone Aviation Holding provided WASP Aerostat Systems in its southwestern border to the United States Border Patrol for operational support. Raven Industries also received a contract for the deployment of its TIF-25 K Aerostat Systems in Afghanistan in 2019 for USD 10.4 million. Also, DARPA in October 2019 announced its use of sensor-based Aerostats to test drone tracking technologies.
Technological advancements along with the use of aerostats for delivering communication services to remote locations
In particular, in the communication category, the aerostat systems have tremendous potential for commercial use. Most aeronautical companies’ partner with telecommunications providers to provide operators with expanded telecom services. Loon LLC, amongst many others, has partners in Peru to provide LTE network coverage with the telecom operators Telkom of Kenya, AT&T, Telefonica, etc. Altaeros launched the SuperTower ST200, the first global aerial cell tower, in February 2019. In the United States, Aerostat systems will also be used as a protection for high-value assets for urban drone tracking operations.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global aerostatsystemsindustry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the aerostat systems market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the aerostat systems market?
- What are the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aerostat Systems Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Raytheon Company, Hybrid Air Vehicles Limited, Lindstrand Technologies, Israel Aerospace Industries, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Aero Drum Ltd., RT Aerostats Systems, Raven Industries, ILC Dover, DRONE Aviation Corp