Aftershave is a product majorly used by men after shaving, as an antiseptic lotion. It can be in the form of a liquid, lotion, gel, balm, or powder. Aftershave products are used to prevent infections from cuts that may occur on skin during shaving. Since, it contains alcohol in it.
Aftershave dose not only work as an antiseptic but also a moisturizer and a cooling agent that add up to freshly shaved skin by softening the skin and using aloe vera as a cooling agent for soothing feel. Moreover, aftershaves also come in various fragrances, thus working as a perfume. Fragrance is one of the key factors for the buyer while making a purchase of aftershave and it also enhances the price of it.
- The global market for the aftershave market is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of aftershaves, which negatively impact the market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends and Drivers
The aftershave market is primarily driven by male enthusiasm toward grooming and hygiene. As well as consumers shifting preference towards a modern lifestyle that has been endorsed by various celebrity sportsmen and film stars. Therefore, companies have segmented their product portfolio as per the taste and preferences of the consumers. This inclination of individuals using aftershave products for physical appearance is a strengthening factor which is anticipated to increase growth of the market in terms of revenue.
Moreover, increasing disposable income in the hands of people and changing demographic lifestyle majorly boosts the market for the aftershave industry.
Furthermore, Asia-Pacific is expected to see great opportunities and the fastest growth over the estimated period due to increase in recognition for male grooming products specifically in emerging markets such as China and India. In addition, growing youth demand for aftershaves combined with urbanization are the major trends for the regional market growth.
Consumers are now a days more knowledgeable about side effects of chemicals in aftershave lotion and how safe organic products are thus creating great opportunities in the market. Since, men use aftershave almost on regular basis and people with sensitive skin may suffer from irritation or acne problems. Thus, people after shifting toward organic and natural ingredients in aftershave lotions. Therefore, companies have now started using natural ingredients such as green tea extracts and cucumber oils in aftershave products, so that it soothes and moisturize the skin. For instance, a company called Bulldog does this for their customers.
Furthermore, several R&D initiatives in aftershave products by the cosmetic industry is also expected to strengthen the global market revenue growth. Such as, coolants and smell enhancement by various companies is expected to bolster the market in the future.
However, in recent years, the aftershave market has almost been stagnant by observing a major slowdown due to rising trend of beard look or stubble fashion trend among men like “No Shave November” or people who are interested in keeping their full beard. Moreover, inclination of people toward “Alpha-male” look is also lowering the market base for colognes and aftershaves.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global aftershave market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global aftershave market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global aftershave market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global aftershave market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Aftershave Marketresearch report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the aftershave market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the aftershave market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aftershave Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Global Gillette, Calvin Klein, MenscienceAndroceuticals, Herbacin, Crabtree & Evelyn, Axe, Edgewell Personal Care, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, Brut., Old Spice