Age related macular degeneration (AMD) is a condition wherein the macula the small central area of the retina in the eye is deteriorated. The macula is a significant component of the retina as it controls visual activity. Macular health determines the individuals ability to read, identify, recognise faces, drive, visualise, and perform tasks that require immaculate visual details.
Increase in reimbursement benefits for AMD drugs supplements the market growth. Furthermore, a surge in the prevalence of eyerelated disorders and a rise in the global geriatric population boost the agerelated macular degeneration market. However, increase in the use of offlabel drugs and availability of offlabel therapies impedes the growth of the market.
The global age related macular degeneration market is segmented on the basis of product type, drugs, route of administration, and geography. By product type, this market is segmented into wet AMD & dry AMD. By drugs, this market is classified into Lucentis, Eylea, Avastin, and others. Furthermore, on the basis of route of administration, this market is categorised into intravenous and intravitreal route of administration. By geography, it has been analysed across North America, Europe, AsiaPacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Bayer HealthCare, F. HoffmannLa Roche, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Novartis AG, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., and Pfizer, Inc., have been provided in this report.
- The study provides an indepth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided to determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of age related macular degeneration products in medical settings.
Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Wet AMD
- Dry AMD
By Route of Administration
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of AsiaPacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA