Agricultural biologicals are topical or seed treatment products made from natural materials, which are majorly used to replace chemicals used in agriculture farming. These biologicals are used to protect crops from pests, weeds, and diseases, thereby maintaining crops healthy. In addition, farmers are dependent upon agricultural biologicals as it discourages the use of synthetic and chemical fertilizers to grow healthy and nutritious food. Moreover, agricultural biologicals are extracted from organic matter such as plant extracts and naturally occurring microorganisms to improve crop productivity as well as crop health. Biological agriculture is an economically sustainable agricultural production process, which promotes the use of safer products for crop treatment. This is accomplished by minimizing environmentally harmful consequences and using non-renewable natural resources.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global agricultural biologicals market. This research study includes a qualitative and quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview and predict the market behavior during the forecast period.
The market has witnessed significant growth opportunities globally, owing to increase in demand for organic products, improvement in productivity and yield, rise in costs of pesticides and fertilizers, and increase in global population. Moreover, the market also witnesses an increase in demand for organic foods, rapid growth in the use of microbial seed treatment products, and easier residue management. In addition, awareness for good health also increases the demand for organic food products, consequently leading to the growth of the global agricultural biologicals market. However, lack of awareness and low adoption rate of biopesticides coupled with short shelf life of biopesticides is expected to hinder the market growth to some extent.
The global agricultural biologicals market is segmented based on product type, application, and geography. On the basis of product type, it is bifurcated into biopesticides, biostimulants, and biofertilizers. On the basis of application, the market can be segmented into cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, and fruits & pulses. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector include The DOW Chemical Company, Isagro SPA, Novozyme A/S, Bayer Cropscience AG, Koppert B.V., Valent Biosciences Corporation, Marrone Bio Innovation Inc., Arysta Lifescience Limited, Certis USA LLC, and BASF SE.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders:
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2017 to 2023, which will assist to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped as per individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise agricultural biologicals market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
- Key players of the agricultural biologicals market are listed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation of agricultural biologicals within the market is provided, which helps understand dominant market opportunities.
Agricultural Biologicals Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA