Agricultural Sprayers Market: Global opportunity analysis and industry forecast
The agricultural sprayers are commonly used by the farmers to spray insecticides, pesticides, herbicides and defoliants on the crop for controlling pests. The insects and weeds play a major role in crop destruction. Thus, in-order to kill these insects and weeds, agricultural sprayers are used in the farm. The agricultural sprayers are engineered systems that use pressure jets to spray fluids from the tanks to the crops through a narrow spraying nozzle. Agriculture sprayers are categorized into various types such as electric, fuel-based and manual hand-held sprayers. Further, the agricultural sprayers are categorized on the basis of sprayer types such as knapsack sprayers, pedal sprayers, pneumatic sprayers, track- mounted sprayers and other such sprayers.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for the agricultural sprayers is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand form agricultural industries and farmers.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the agricultural sprayers, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the agricultural sprayers market significantly form last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed form giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The increase in shift from traditional techniques to the technologically advanced farming methods is expected to create a positive impact on agricultural sprayers market. The increase in adoption of technologically advanced agricultural equipment to reduce the labor overheads and time is increasing the demand for the agricultural sprayers. There is growing demand for the agricultural sprayer due to developments of new agrochemicals that can be sprayed on the crops via agricultural sprayers. Further, rise in awareness among the farmers for prevention of crops from the pests is increasing the demand for the agricultural sprayers. The increasing demand for fuel-based and electric-based agricultural sprayers is driving the agricultural sprayers market. The sustainable use of pesticides through the agricultural sprayers is expected to enhance the value of field crop thus driving the growth of the agricultural sprayers market. However, the high initial investment on the technologically advanced agricultural equipment for the small and medium range farmers can act as a major restraint for the agricultural sprayers market. Contrarily, the advancement in the drone technologies and driver-less sprayers for spraying chemicals on crops provide new opportunities in the agricultural sprayers market.
New product launches to flourish the market
The attack of insects and pests on the crops has been a major concern for the farmers due to reduction in productivity and profitability. Thus, technologically advanced agricultural sprayers are used in increasing the crop productivity by controlling pests. In August 2018, one of the global leaders in agricultural sprayers Usha launched battery powered sprayer Usha Spraymax. It is designed using modern technology for spraying of pesticides and fertilizers in the crops. The Spraymax consists of a high power 12V battery for spraying a long distance of 29 ft., which helps in saving cost and time of the farmers.
High demand form applications:
The agriculture is one of the major occupations in many countries. Further, the developing countries practice the agriculture on a large scale, which increases the demand for the agricultural sprayers for increasing the crop productivity. The agricultural sprayers are used for various applications such as pest control, water spraying, spraying insecticides and fungicides and other applications on vegetables and fruits. The agricultural sprayers are categorized into various types such as hand operated, low pressure, hydraulic sprayer, thermal foggers and air carrier sprayers. The manual or hand operated sprayers are used for spraying chemicals or water on the small plants in a confined area. The trailer mounted sprayers, tractor mounted sprayers and the truck mounted sprayers are used for the large agricultural lands. These sprayers uses a hydraulic pump for spraying of chemicals. Further, the high pressure sprayers are used in tall trees and bushes. The high pressure sprayers are used in fruit farming where the chemicals are to be sprayed in heights.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the agricultural sprayers market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the agricultural sprayers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the agricultural sprayers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Agricultural Sprayers Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Chafer Machinery Ltd, Zhejiang Ousen Machinery Co., Ltd., STIHL Holding AG & Co. KG, ASPEE Group, Hymatic Agro Equipment Pvt. Ltd, Bucher Industries, Deere & Company, CNH Industrial, Taizhou Sunny Agricultural Machinery Co., Ltd, Exel Industries