Agricultural Surfactants Market Analysis :
A surfactant is a substance, which reduces the surface tension of the liquid in which it is dissolved. Agricultural surfactant is an adjuvant, which improves the efficacy of pesticide application by minimizing the surface tension of spray droplets, increasing retention capacity of spray chemical, and facilitating the spray droplets to spread over larger surface area. These surfactants, when combined with agrochemicals, offer benefits such as the uniform spread of the spray droplets on the leaf surface and increased retention of spray droplets. In addition, they are used in herbicides that are similar to those used in household cleaning and personal care products such as hand wash and dish wash. Most agricultural surfactants are nonionic and are used for wetting and spreading. Nonionic surfactants minimize the surface tension and contact angle of individual spray droplets; they are most compatible with water-soluble herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and plant growth regulators.
Key drivers of global agricultural surfactants market
Increase in utilization of surfactants in formulation to enhance fungicide adhesion to crops is expected to fuel the growth of the global agricultural surfactant market. Surfactants increase efficacy of fungicide and help to stay on plant surface, which is likely to accelerate the product demand. Furthermore, surge in use of agricultural surfactants majorly for pesticide formulations, including fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, plant growth regulators, and foliar nutrients to facilitate superior crop protection significantly contributes toward the growth of the global market. Moreover, rise in utilization of bio-based surfactants over synthetic surfactants due to eco-friendly nature, biodegradability, and low toxicity propels the market growth. Furthermore, rise in environmental concerns along with stringent environmental regulations on usage of synthetic additives are expected to fuel the demand for bio-based agricultural surfactants.
Market scenario: opportunities and challenges
The growth of the global agricultural surfactants market is driven by changes in farming practices such as greenhouse & vertical farming and introducing new innovations which are projected to fuel the development of the global market for agricultural surfactants. Increase in demand for agrochemicals boosts the global market growth, due to increased pressure on global food production. Moreover, developing countries and untapped regions offer potential growth opportunities for the key players operating in the agricultural surfactants market. Furthermore, manufacturers are extensively investing in research to develop bio-based solutions to attain sustainability and reduce environmental degradation, which favors the market growth, globally. However, rise in utilization of genetically modified seeds with less usage of agrochemicals and pesticides limits the market growth.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
Owing to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the global agricultural surfactants market is expected to witness a slowdown during the next couple of years. Governments of various countries have implemented lockdown, which has led to shutdown of factories in scores of cities and provinces across the world, thus leading to predictions of a sharp slowdown in the production activities. In addition, recent decline in the growth of the agricultural sector due to the pandemic is one of the key factors that is likely to negatively impact the growth of agricultural surfactants market. Furthermore, companies are dealing with missing sales and disrupted supply chains, as production activities are ceased.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global agricultural surfactants industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global agricultural surfactants market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global agricultural surfactants market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global agricultural surfactants market research report
- Which are the leading market players active in the agricultural surfactants market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Agricultural Surfactants Market Report Highlights
By Crop Application
Key Market Players
Exxon Mobil Corporation, Evonik Industries, Croda International, Bayer CropScience, Huntsman, Dow, BASF, Solvay, Clariant International, AkzoNobel, DuPont