Aicardi syndrome is a rare genetic disorder, the onset of which begins with involuntary muscle spasm between 4 months to 4 years of age, which, if recurrent, can be fatal at times. This syndrome is known to interfere with the formation of the corpus callosum, which is a structure that connects both the sides of the brain, thus resulting in underdeveloped tissue connection between the left and right halves of the brain. The other parts of the brain do not develop normally due to which intellectual disability and brain malformations are common for people suffering from this syndrome.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Aicardi Syndrome Market (Pre and Post Analysis)
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the Aicardi syndrome market.
Top Impacting Factors
- The growing prevalence of rare neurological disorders and the rising incidence of the Aicardi syndrome are the key factors responsible to boost the growth of this aicardi syndrome market.
- In addition, rapid technological advancements in the medical sector and growing R&D activities in healthcare sector are a few key factors contributing toward the aicardi syndrome market growth.
- However, lack of awareness about the syndrome in a few developing countries and difficulties in the diagnosis might hamper the growth of the aicardi syndrome market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2020, Eli Lilly and Company is an American pharmaceutical company, along with Incyte Corporation, an American pharmaceutical company, announced Baricitinib (Olimiunt) to treat patients suffering from Aicardi syndrome.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Aicardi syndrome industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Aicardi syndrome market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Aicardi syndrome market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Aicardi syndrome report
- Who are the leading players active in the Aicardi syndrome market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
Aicardi Syndrome Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Gilead Sciences, Siemens Healthineers, Canon Medical Systems Europe B.V, General Electric Company, Therapy Solutions Inc, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Hitachi, Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, Therapy Solutions Inc.