C4ISR is an acronym used by the defense community, which stands for Command, Communications, Computers, Control, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance. With rise in the global economy, developing nations have been boosting their spending on the defense projects, which, in turn, is fueling the growth of the global air-based C4ISR market. In addition, the air-based C4ISR market refers to the system of military aviation. The demand for air-based C4ISR is broadly bifurcated into military and law enforcement, catering to general military exercises and advanced combat missions. Moreover, the integration of C4ISR in the defense systems along with technological advancement bolsters the performance of military equipment.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Air-based C4ISR production is expected to be more agile after the end of COVID-19.
- The supply chain disruption is expected to affect the future growth of the companies due to lockdown.
- The revenue is not being generated for companies due to the ongoing pandemic, which is expected to result in major losses across the year.
- Companies have to deal on a significant margin basis to revive the market.
- A huge monetary loss has been accounted for in the revenue generation of the air-based C4ISR companies due to the lockdown.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
A prominent factor pushing the demand for air-based C4ISR is the need to upgrade the existing military systems and modernize aircraft and other aviation models. In addition, the incorporation of new technologies, such as the Internet of Things and commercial-off-the-shelf hardware & software, is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global air-based C4ISR market. Moreover, owing to the rising need for communication between different defense segments, the C4 segment is expected to witness a significant demand. However, the reduction of the defense budget by governments of developed nations is anticipated to adversely impact the growth of the global air—based C4ISR market.
The global air-based C4ISR market trends are as follows:
Surge in military application to boost the product demand
The global air-based C4ISR market is driven by many factors such as navigation systems, missiles for defense systems, cyber-security, among others. Rising terror attacks and growing geopolitical issues among various nations are proliferating the growth of the global air-based C4ISR market. In addition, the adoption of C4ISR systems by border protection agencies is expected to push the application of surveillance and reconnaissance operations, which, in turn, is fueling the demand for air-based C4ISR. Moreover, the rapid growth in demand for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) is creating the need for integration of advanced C4ISR systems, such as advanced tactical reconnaissance systems, electronic countermeasures, and others, thereby fueling the growth of the global market for air-based C4ISR systems.
C4 segment to witness higher demand, owing to the rising need for communication & control
The C4 segment comprises Command, Computers, Control, and Communications. All these system requirements are inter-connected, and this proliferates the demand for C4. With rising terrorist attacks and growing border issues, the military segment urges the need to coordinate within different segments, including land, air, and naval forces. This also pushes the need to attain effective communications, monitored by computer systems for adequate commanding and control. The incorporation of technology in the communications segment has resulted in enhancement of performance by generating effective solutions. In addition, one such technology that connects two unique datalinks through a gateway has proved efficient in connecting armed forces with airborne platforms, ultimately boosting the performance of forces on the battlefield. Therefore, the market is flourishing with increased investments leading to higher demand for the C4 segment in the global air-based C4ISR market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global air-based C4ISR market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global air-based C4ISR market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global air-based C4ISR market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global air-based C4ISR market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the air-based C4ISR market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Air Based C4ISR Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Lockheed Martin Corporation, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Elbit Systems Ltd., Kratos Defense and Security Solutions, General Dynamics, BAE Systems plc., The Boeing Company, CACI International Inc., Rheinmetall Defense, Northrop Grumman Corporation