Air core drilling is widely used method to bore a hole into the unconsolidated ground for drilling water wells, oil wells, or natural gas extraction wells. Hardened steel and tungsten blades are used to bore a hole into the ground. It contains a hollow rod with an inner tube, used for injection of compressed air into the hole to remove the drill cuttings. These cuttings are blown back to the surface through the inner tube and pass through the sample separating system, and collected if required. Air core drilling can reach the depths up to 300meters in good conditions. Since the cuttings are removed inside the rods, they are less susceptible to contamination when compared with conventional drilling systems.
The demand for air core drilling technology is expected to rise globally owing to various factors such as increase in investment in exploration & production activities across various non-conventional energy sources to meet the rise in need for energy. Also, presence of huge untapped hydrocarbon reserves, liberalization of Mexican oil & gas industry, and rapid technological advancements contribute to drive the market. However, political economy, high labor costs, government policies to access land, and other environmental regulations restrain the growth of the market. Moreover, arctic discoveries, and increase in emphasis on water drilling are expected to open new opportunities in the market.
The air core drilling market is segmented based on application, end-use industry, and geography. Based on the application, it is divided into dust drilling, mist drilling, foam drilling, aerated fluid drilling, and nitrogen membrane drilling. Based on end-use industry, it is classified into oil & gas, mining, and construction. The market is analyzed based on geography into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The Major Players Profiled in this Study Include the Following:
- Schlumberger Limited
- Baker Hughes Incorporated
- Weatherford International Inc.
- Atlas Copco AB
- Allis Chalmers Corp.
- Ausdrill Limited
- Chicago Pneumatic
- Haljohn-San Antonio Inc.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global air core drilling market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the air core drilling technology and their application across end-use industries.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies and the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled and their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Air Core Drilling Market Key Segments:
- Dust Drilling
- Mist Drilling
- Foam Drilling
- Aerated Fluid Drilling
- Nitrogen Membrane Drilling
By End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
- Tesco Corporation
- Master Drilling
- Brown Bros Drilling
- GEODRILL Limited
- Bostech Drilling Australia Pty Ltd.
(The aforementioned companies have not been profiled in the report, but can be include on request.)