Air Freshener Market Overview:
Global Air Freshener Market was valued at $10 billion in 2016, and is expected to reach $12 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 3.2% from 2017 to 2023. An air freshener is a product that typically emits fragrance to eliminate unpleasant odor in a room. These air fresheners adsorb the bad odor, thereby purifying the air. They contains different ingredients such as aerosol propellants, fragrances, and solvents such as 2-butoxyethanol, mineral oil, and glycol ethers, which neutralize the unpleasant odor.
Rise in demand for air care and increase in concerns over indoor air quality have led to a high demand for air fresheners worldwide. The demand is further fueled by the rapid growth in car sales, surge in number of pet ownerships, and increase in consumers’ willingness to use premium air fresheners. High disposable income and improvement in lifestyle of consumers present as lucrative opportunities for market development. However, high operational cost is expected to impede the market growth.
Rise in Car and Pet Ownership
Air in cars gets polluted due to emission of pollutants from petrol, diesel, and alternative fuels. As per the data released by the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA), sales of cars has increased in 2015 over 2014 in almost every region. Therefore, air freshener is an important product in the car aftermarket, especially in countries such as the U.S. and UK, which is expected to boost the air freshener market. Moreover, air fresheners are preferred by pet owners in Europe and North America, which report high pet ownership, to maintain rooms free of pet odor. Increased number of pet ownership is expected to favor the market growth.
Global Air Freshener Market, 2016-2023
The global air freshener market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in demand in China, Japan, India, and other countries of the Asia-Pacific region. Europe dominated the global air freshener market in 2016 in terms of revenue.
The global air freshener market is segmented on the basis of product, application, type of customer, and geography. Based on application, it is divided into household, corporate, cars, and others. In 2016, the household segment generated the highest revenue, followed by the corporate segment. However, the cars and others segment are projected to be the potential areas for investment in the near future.
The key players operating in the market include Procter & Gamble Co., Reckitt Benckiser Inc., Henkel KGaA, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Car-Freshener Corporation, SC Johnson & Son Inc., Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Godrej Household Products Ltd., Farcent Enterprise Co. Ltd. and Jarden Corporation. These players focus on the development of organic air fresheners to increase their market share.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global air freshener market across major regions and estimated revenues generated during the forecast period.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 is provided to help the manufacturers analyze the market scenario.
- The report conducts extensive analysis of the market by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
- Qualitative & quantitative market trends are provided to assist stakeholders to understand the prevailing situations in the industry.
Air Freshener Market Key Segmentation:
- Electric Air Fresheners (Plug-in)
- Others (Liquid, Solid, Pot Pourri, Papers, Vents, Clips, and Crystal Beads)
- Corporate Offices
- Others (Hotels, Malls, Hospitals, Railways, Public Bathrooms, Theaters, and Government Buildings & Institutions)
By Type of Customer
- North America
- Procter & Gamble Co.
- Reckitt Benckiser Inc.
- Henkel KGaA
- Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
- Car-Freshener Corporation
- SC Johnson & Son Inc.
- Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Godrej Household Products Ltd.
- Farcent Enterprise Co. Ltd.
- Jarden Corporation