An air mattress is an inflatable mattress which is also referred to as a sleeping pad. Air mattresses are also used in some countries as water props due to their buoyant nature, and are known as lilo. Air mattresses are mostly made of rubber or plastic. It is a conveniently useful product on camping trips due to its portability. The full-size products come with two separate inner chambers that can separate beds into two sides, one side may be firmer or softer than the other side based upon customer preference. Large numbers of consumers prefer to buy this product, since it is the only solution to disputes over sharing beds. These mattresses are available in various sizes making them convenient for both indoor and outdoor use.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The global pandemic has had a significant impact on the growth of the air mattress market due to a decline in consumer demand.
- The closure of hotels has posed a negative effect on the growth of air mattress market.
- In many countries, the industries are shut down, so the production of air mattress has gone down drastically due to the restriction of labor movement and no availability of raw material.
- The supply chain of the air mattress has disrupted due to the trade barriers.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Urbanization, increase in purchasing power, rise in awareness among the region's consumers about healthy lifestyle are the driving factors that influence consumers to spend on sleeping beds and accessories. Therefore, the demand for air mattress is expected to rise in the coming years as it can decrease the pain in bedsore.
Increase in emphasis on sleeping disorder among consumers due to high stressed life is expected to boost market growth in the coming years
Space-saving features, easy availability, and nuclear family are the driving force behind the growth of air mattresses in the residential sector.
The demand for air mattresses is dominated mainly by the commercial industry, such as restaurants, schools, holiday homes, etc. Surge in customer’s demand for extra beds in hotels has opened up possibilities for the air mattress industry, given the rise in number of nuclear families, tiny room sizes in metropolitan areas, which further generates competition for space savings.
The Global Market Trend
- A large number of consumers prefer to buy twin size air mattress due to its low price and easy availability through supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, and brand outlets. Consumer inclination toward nuclear family, coupled with increase in costs of urban property, has led to people living in small rooms, which in turn is anticipated to promote the use of air mattresses.
- The king size air mattress is expected to expand at the fastest rate. Shift in consumer preference to having super-luxurious beds in hotels and resorts plays a crucial role in the expansion of market reach. Large hotel brands, including JW Marriott, Hilton Hotel and Resorts, Hyatt Hotel Company, and InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), tend to mount air mattresses in their rooms and gardens.
- Because of the small flat sizes, consumers prefer to use air mattresses in urban households as these products are lightweight, convertible, and easy to fit in small places. By understanding this market opportunity, businesses are spending more on innovation to expand their market reach. For example, Kurlon, a manufacturer of mattresses based in India, launched kurlopedic technology with unique air-flow technology.
The growth of the air mattress market has been witnesses due to its adjustable, durable and easy-to-fit characteristics. Moreover, by providing optimal support and firmness, these products offer health benefits especially to individuals with acute back problems and joint injuries. Air mattresses have special features including shift in pressure points that vary depending on the position of an individual while sleeping thereon. These pressure points offer a certain amount of relief to individuals suffering from back pain. In addition, these mattresses facilitate better blood flow within the body.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of air mattress market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the air mattress market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the global air mattress market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed air mattress market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Air Mattress Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the air mattress market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Air Mattress Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Somnio LLC, Exxel Outdoors, Intex Development Co. Ltd., Drive DeVilbiss Sidhil Ltd., Bestway Inflatables & Material Corp., American National Manufacturing, Inc., WENZEL Group, Bestway, Newell Brands, Intex, Serta Simmons Bedding