Airborne ISR Market Outlook – 2027
Airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) are used for collecting information regarding the intruder’s strength, movements, and activities. Airborne intelligence surveillance & reconnaissance are defense operations that consist of a wide variety of systems coupled with advanced technologies for acquiring and processing the information required by national security decision-makers or military commanders. All kinds of information are gathered with the help of the ISR systems, which are then operated by secret intelligence. Airborne ISR performs the tasks of identification, recording, capturing, analyzing, and reporting. The airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) market is likely to grow moderately due to increase in use of airborne ISR and more countries adopting this technology for securing the borders. Increase in adoption of airborne intelligence surveillance & reconnaissance software drives the global airborne ISR market growth during the forecast period.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 crisis will have an impact for years, and the airborne market will take years, perhaps a decade, to return to pre-crisis levels.
- The airborne spread of infectious COVID-19, detection of the pandemic in the air do not correlate with infectivity, and virus viability in the air is important to understand the aerosol transmission.
- The COVID-19 has effectively brought the aviation sector to a standstill and is forcing leaders to rethink and reform with many uncertainties such as fuel prices, overcapacity, aircraft reliability and regulations, legacy technological eco-system, and others.
- The airline industry that makes the world a smaller place is feared to have accelerated the impact of the pandemic as travel is being replaced by virtual connections and could become the norm, at least for some time.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Some of the factors that boost increase in demand for a variety of ISR techniques and equipment and the growth in adoption of the ISR technology for securing their borders are expected to spur the demand during the forecast period. However, the high cost associated with airborne intelligence surveillance & reconnaissance maintenance is anticipated to hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, rise in integration of android and iOS-based devices has emerged as lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
The airborne ISR market trends are as follows:
Increase in demand for a variety of ISR techniques and equipment
There has been an increase in demand for intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance (ISR) techniques and equipment by the defense sector globally, owing to their use in several battlefield functions and to assist a combat force by employing its sensor data while analyzing the gathered information, which drives the growth of the global airborne intelligence surveillance & reconnaissance market. In addition, favorable government initiatives to improve airborne intelligence surveillance & reconnaissance across the globe are expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period.
Increase in adoption of the ISR technology for securing their borders
The rapid technological developments are breeding disruptive technologies in the defense industry. Increase in use of small unmanned systems for surveillance is further expected to generate demand for electronic components used in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) missions. Moreover, the airborne ISR market is expected to grow moderately, as the usage of ISR is increasing and more countries are adopting the ISR technology for securing their borders. Hence, increase in awareness for the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) technology is tremendously driving the market growth and is expected to further develop more during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the airborne ISR market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the airborne ISR market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the airborne ISR market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed airborne ISR market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the airborne ISR market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the airborne ISR market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Airborne ISR Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
L-3 Technologies Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Company, General Dynamics Corporation, BAE Systems plc, The Boeing Co., UTC Aerospace Systems, Thales S.A, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Rockwell Collins Inc.