Aircraft Accessory Gearbox Market Outlook – 2027
The global aircraft accessory gearbox market is experiencing a significant growth, with increasing commercial & military aircraft fleet size. Aircraft gearbox is the component of transmission system placed along with shafts for changing rotational speed and driving the accessories essential for an operational engine. Accessory gearbox is a complex gear mechanism that drives the engine accessories such as fuel pump that are essential for aircraft gas turbine engine. Moreover, accessory gearbox derives power from the central shaft linking turbine & compressor sections of the aircraft engine. Further, the aviation sector is demanding high efficiency & lightweight aircraft gas turbine engine gearboxes, which deliver enhanced performance.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Aircraft gearbox companies are facing short-term operational issues due to supply chain constraints and lack of site access due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
COVID-19 has forced governments to discontinue all assembly and manufacturing operations including aircraft industry.
The complete lockdown situation in several countries due to COVID-19, has directly impacted defense organizations to delay the procurement of aircraft gearboxes from the suppliers of the aircraft gearbox.
The COVID-19 pandemic is exerting tremendous financial stress on the aircraft gearbox companies by increasing the inventory carrying cost of the aircraft gearbox.
The aircraft industry has witnessed the colossal decline in flight hours as a large number of international as well as domestic flights are getting cancelled all across the globe to curb the transmission of the COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in aircraft production, increase in demand for lightweight gearboxes, and rise in adoption of geared turbofan are the factors that drive the global aircraft accessory gearbox market. However, engine limitations at high altitudes and requirement of high initial investment products hinder the market growth. On the contrary, investment in R&D of open rotor engines and geared turbofan engines, and trend of fuel efficient and environment friendly vehicles present new pathways in the industry.
The global aircraft accessory gearbox market trends are as follows:
Rise in adoption of geared turbofan
The geared turbofan is a type of turbofan aircraft engine, with a gearbox between the fan and the low-pressure shaft. In addition, geared turbofan allows improvements in propulsive efficiency. Moreover, in 2016, Pratt & Whitney has invested in geared turbofan engines technology that reduces fuel consumption, emissions, and noise. Recently, in 2019, Indian Directorate General of Civil Aviation as well as US Federal Aviation Administration has adopted new air worthiness directives (AD) to upgrade accessory gearbox of Pratt & Whitney (PW) 1100G family of turbofan engines that powers Airbus A320neo & A321neo aircraft. PW 1100G engines that powers A320neo planes is a fan-driven geared turbine engine manufactured P&W (aerospace manufacturer & subsidiary of Raytheon Technologies based in Connecticut, US). According to AD all airline operators of PW1100G family of turbofan engines are required to replace the main gearbox assembly and electronic engine control software. Such investments are expected to offer opportunities for the growth of global aircraft gearbox market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global aircraft accessory gearbox industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global aircraft accessory gearbox market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global aircraft accessory gearbox market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global aircraft accessory gearbox market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the aircraft accessory gearbox market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the aircraft accessory gearbox market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aircraft Accessory Gearbox Market Report Highlights
By Aircraft Type
By Fit Analysis
By End User
Key Market Players
Avion Corporation., United Technologies, Safran, SKF, Northstar Aerospace, CEF Industries, LLC, AERO GEAR, GE Aviation, Triumph Group, Liebherr, AERO GEARBOX INTERNATIONAL