Aircraft Antenna Market Outlook - 2027
The global aircraft antenna market is experiencing a significant growth due to growing aircraft fleet size globally. Aircraft antenna is an electronic component of aircraft communication system that transmits or receives the signals. Antenna type & size can vary depending on the frequency band used by antenna for communication. An aircraft utilizes various antennas simultaneously installed in different parts of the aircraft for different purposes. Aircraft antennas are placed apart accordingly to avoid interference of radio waves of various antennas such as satellite communication, global positioning system (GPS), air traffic control and traffic collision system, and terminal cellular system, among others.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Aircraft antenna manufacturers are forced to shut down production operations due to government-imposed lockdown in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Aircraft manufacturers are facing operational issues due to supply chain disruption caused by the government initiatives to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Aircraft antenna developers have postponed the test & development of under-development aircraft antenna in the absence of international technical workforce required for the job.
- Aircraft overhaul services are adversely affected due to lack of workforce owing to the government-imposed transport restrictions in order to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Airlines are incurring noteworthy financial losses due to grounding of flights and reduced air traffic caused by travel restrictions imposed by authorities in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in aircraft upgradation, increase in demand for military UAV, and rise in adoption of advance communication & navigation system are the factors that drive the global aircraft antenna market. However, high cost of installation and integration of antennas with existing aircraft models hinder the market growth. On the contrary, usage of 5G in aviation and usage of remote towers present new pathways in the industry.
The global aircraft antenna market trends are as follows:
Demand for military UAV
Military agencies are investing in development of military class drones to be used in battlefield. Reliable communication becomes key aspect in such military applications of UAVs. For instance, in 2020, Lockheed Martin concluded first phase of multi-function electronic warfare air large (MFEW-AL) program for US Army. MFEW-AL program focuses on antenna technology for incorporating electronic warfare & cyber techniques in unmanned aerial systems (UAS). Such initiatives in UAV antenna technology are expected to boost the global aircraft antenna market.
Rise in adoption of advance communication & navigation system
Recently, in 2020, Curtiss-Wright (defense manufacturer headquartered in North Carolina, US) received a contract from Korean Aerospace Industries (aerospace & defense company based in Sacheon-si, South Korea) for development of a data acquisition system (DAS) for use in fight-test of under-development experimental 5th generation Korean multirole fighter aircraft called KF-X. DAS solution will include ANT-00800T-1 L/S band airborne blade telemetry antenna, as a part of Curtiss-Wright’s next-generation industry leading, most compact and high speed data acquisition unit (DAU). Hence, rise in adoption of advance communication & navigation system will drive the global aircraft antenna market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global aircraft antenna industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global aircraft antenna market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global aircraft antenna market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global aircraft antenna market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the aircraft antenna market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the aircraft antenna market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aircraft Antenna Market Report Highlights
By Frequency Band
By End User
Key Market Players
RAMI Aviation., McMurdo Limited, Azimut Benetti Group, Honeywell International Inc., The Boeing Company, TECOM Group, Antcom Corporation, Harris Corporation, Sensor Systems Inc., Cobham plc