Aircraft attitude indicator is a flight instrument that informs the pilot of the aircraft orientation relative to horizon on Earth and provides an immediate indication of the smallest orientation change. It is one of the six basic flight instruments found in any cockpit which indicates pitch (fore and aft tilt) and bank (side to side tilt) and is a primary instrument for flight in instrument meteorological conditions. Moreover, analogue attitude indicators establish an inertial platform using a gyroscope powered by vacuum or electricity. The gyroscope is linked to a two degrees of freedom display that shows pitch and bank at the same time. The display can be colored to indicate the horizon as the line between the two-colored segments, blue for sky and brown for ground. Furthermore, analogue attitude indicators develop small errors after extended use, so modern aircraft use electrical or digital attitude indicators. Furthermore, electrical attitude indicators provide three-axis information, and instead of a spinning rotor for horizon reference, it uses 3-dimension magnetometers and accelerometers to detect the pitch and roll attitude of airplane. Aircraft attitude indicator as a result assists the pilots to maintain a proper orientation during flights.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
- Government across major countries have announced a lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic resulting in the halt of business. The lockdown and travel restrictions have severely affected the aviation industry since, the air travel globally was halted. Moreover, due to lockdown, aircraft manufacturing was halted which directly affected the demand for aircraft attitude indicators. Travel was halted, all the aircraft were stranded at the airport which affected the demand for the replacement of aircraft attitude indicators. Furthermore, the delivery of the already manufactured, aircraft attitude indicators was delayed due to lockdown.Furthermore, due to social distancing norms, there was the unavailability of labor required for manufacturing of aircraft attitude indicators which further delayed the operation. Moreover, there was the shortage of raw material which hampered the production aircraft attitude indicators. The aviation industry is a developing sector that was severely impacted by the pandemic, but it is expected to recover and drive the aircraft attitude indicators market post-pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in number of passengers for air travel, increase in use of aircrafts by military & defense, and surge in demand for improvement in situational awareness is expected to drive growth of the market.
Rise in faulty instrument and high maintenance charges hinder the growth of the market.
Rise in demand for new technology, surge in manufacturing of commercial aircraft, and increase in demand for private jets act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Rise in Demand for New Technology
- There is an increase in demand for new technology to improve flight and security. Moreover, the advancement of new technology allows pilots to make better decisions in adverse weather, difficult landing and other situations. The traditional analog attitude indicators consisted of many mechanical parts and were controlled by vacuum pressure. Thus, at high altitudes at times these indicators, used to malfunction thus for better operational efficiency the demand for new technology increased. Garmin International Inc., for example announced in January 2021 that the popular GI 275 electronic flight instrument including attitude indicators, attitude-direction indicator, and others had received European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approval and the company was granted supplemental type certificate (STC) approval by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This new equipment enhances the capabilities of GI 275, including the ability to control basic settings of the GTX 345 or GTX 345R transponders directly from a GI 275. Rise in demand for new technology for aircraft act as an opportunity for growth of aircraft attitude indicators market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aircraft attitude indicators market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the aircraft attitude indicators market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the aircraft attitude indicators market.
- The report provides detailed aircraft attitude indicators market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Aircraft Attitude Indicators Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the aircraft attitude indicators market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the aircraft attitude indicators market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aircraft Attitude Indicators Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Sandel Avionics, Century Flight Systems lnc, Mikrotechna Praha a.s, Aviation Industry Corporation of China, Garmin International Inc., TruTrak Flight Systems Inc, Kelly Manufacturing Company, Bendix/King, Suzhou Changfeng Instruments Co. Ltd, Astronautics Corporation of America