Aircraft brake caliper is a mechanical component utilized in an aircraft braking system to resist rotation of the wheel by causing friction against the disc when brake is applied. Aircraft brake system performs several tasks including effectively stopping an aircraft during landing and rolling out in order to provide adequate control during ground operations. Additionally, it also enables the withholding of aircraft back for static engine maintenance and operations. In these activities, aircraft brake calipers play a vital role as it controls the speed of the wheel disc as per specific requirements. Aircraft brake calipers sales is directly influenced by the global aviation industry dynamics.
COVID-19 impact analysis
Due to lockdown in almost every country across the globe, the aviation industry has suffered losses. The Covid-19 virus has started to spread rapidly across various nations within a short time span. The pandemic has significantly affected aircraft brake calipers market owing to temporary closure of manufacturing operations of aircraft component manufacturers. The lockdown situation has occurred due to the rising cases of Covid-19 that temporarily terminated various operations in the aviation sector such as air travelling, manufacturing, raw material supply, and aircraft deliveries. These factors have affected the aircraft brake caliper market adversely. According to the airbus SE and the Boeing company, there is a decline in aircraft deliveries. Therefore, at that time of pandemic, the company has decided to reduce the production by one third. The unorganized sectors have much worse conditions due to the uncertainty that would impact smaller organizations with lesser retentive power, due to their lower profitability.
Top impacting factor
- Increase in passenger preference for air travel, adoption of disc brakes, and development of advanced brake calipers with longer brake life are the major factors drives the growth of the aircraft brake caliper market.
- The limited stopping distance of the disc brake, and the high price of brakes calipers are the restraints that hindered the growth of the aircraft brake caliper market.
- Increase in production of the aircrafts, and implementation of advanced technology are the major factors offering an opportunity for the growth of drone flight controller system market.
Adoption of disc break
Aircraft brake with single discs are a commonplace in small and light aircrafts. A non-rotating caliper is bolted to the landing gear axle, aiding in applying the brakes during friction on either sides of the discs. However, the single disc proves to be inept for applying brakes. As such, two discs are bolted to the wheel in aircraft carbon brakes with dual discs enveloping a center carrier in between the discs. Presence of linings on both the sides contacts all the discs during employment of brakes, enabling safer braking, thereby making aircraft carbon brakes with dual discs highly suitable in large and heavy aircrafts. For instance, aircraft carbon brakes with multiple discs are attached to an extended bearing carrier akin to a torque tube unit bolted to the axle flange, chiefly for heavy-duty applications, including military aircraft operations.
Increase in production of aircrafts
One of the biggest prospects for the aircraft brake caliper market to grow in the next years is emerging aircraft manufacturers. Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation is engaged in the production of regional aircrafts, while COMAC manufactures commercial, business, and regional aircrafts. Rise in the demand for commercial aircraft, business jets, and regional transport aircrafts, owing to increased air passenger traffic is expected to provide these manufacturers growth opportunities for the production of new aircraft, and consequently lead to growth of the aircraft flight control system market during the forecast period. For instance, Airbus and Boeing, the world's only major large passenger aircraft manufacturers, dominate the airline supply industry with their established brands, Boeing's 7-series and Airbus's A-series of jets.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aircraft brake caliper market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges the aircraft brake caliper market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed aircraft brake caliper market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the aircraft brake caliper market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the aircraft brake caliper market?
- What are the critical challenges faced by manufacturers in the aircraft brake caliper market?
- What are the market trends, driving factor and opportunities involved in this market?
- What are the key segments covered in the aircraft brake caliper market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aircraft Brake Calipers Market Report Highlights
By Product type
By Brake type
Key Market Players
Wilwood Engineering, Safran, Collins Aerospace, Parker Hannifin Corp, RAPCO inc, Airframes Alaska, W.C. Branham, Inc, BERINGER AERO, Meggitt, Goldfren., MOV'IT GMBH, Grove Aircraft Landing Gear Systems Inc, Chief Aircraft Inc., Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co