Aircraft De-Icing Market Outlook - 2027
De-icing for an aircraft is majorly used when freezing & a precipitation condition occurs. Frozen contaminants interfere with the aerodynamic properties of the vehicle. A plane's wings and rear tail component are engineered with a specific shape to provide proper lift for flight.
Snow and ice on these areas in essence changes their shape and disrupts the airflow across the surface, hindering the ability to create lift. Moreover, whenever snow, ice, or even frost has accumulated on the aircraft, it is removed with the help of de-icing fluid, a mixture of a chemical called glycol and water, which is generally heated and sprayed under pressure to remove ice and snow on the aircraft.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The global market for aircraft de-icing is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe,
thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of de-icing fluid, which negatively impact the market growth.
However, this situation is expected to improve as government has started relaxing norms around the world for resuming business activities.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
There is a special emphasis of airlines on safe air travel and avoidance of accident in winter season, owing to stringent regulation and increasing awareness among travelers. Without de-icing in aircraft, it is not possible to expect for a safe air travel. This is one of the biggest drivers for aircraft de-icing market.
Additionally, with the increasing use of technology in de-icing process, de-icing process has become more convenient, cost effective in long term and more environment friendly.
Furthermore, Excessive use of chemicals for de-icing results in removal of aircraft paint in long term which cost heavily to airline companies. Therefore new methods with more technological advancement are being used with more efficiency and cost effectiveness. These process are also appropriate as per environmental norms.
However, among very few restraint factor for aircraft de-icing market include whole process of de-icing is time taking but does not last too long. Which means de-icing needs to be done after a short span of time. During this process, aircraft is non-operational and cost extra to airline companies.
Aircraft de-icing market trends are as follows:
Dow in collaboration with has launched a unique method for directly synthesizing propylene glycol (PG) from propylene and hydrogen peroxide to market maturity. The key element is a novel catalytic system developed by Evonik researchers which allows for the direct synthesis of PG from propylene and hydrogen peroxide, in a process offering high yield and comparatively low energy consumption.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aircraft de-icing market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the aircraft de-icing market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight aircraft de-icing market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed aircraft de-icing market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in aircraft de-icing market report:
- Which are the leading players active in the aircraft de-icing market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aircraft De-Icing Market Report Highlights
By End users
Key Market Players
Global Ground Support LLC, The Dow Chemical Company, JBT Corporation, United Technologies Corporation, General Atomics, Textron Inc., BASF Corporation, Kilfrost Group Ltd, Clariant AG, Contego Aviation Solutions