Aircraft Electronic Ignition System Market Outlook – 2027
The aircraft ignition system is used for creating & supplying electrical spark, which ignites the mixture of air & fuel in the aircraft engine’s cylinder. Ignition systems are of two types: magneto-ignition systems and electronic ignition systems. Electronic ignition system uses electronic circuits which are controlled by sensors and use to generate electric pulses. These electric pulses generate the strong spark, which burns even the lean mixture of air & fuel. Hence, electronic ignition systems provide better economy and lower emissions. Aircraft electronic ignition system consists of ignition switch, electronic control module, battery, spark plug, distributer, armature, ignition coil, and others. Aircraft electronic ignition system has fewer moving parts and hence requires low maintenance. Moreover, electronic ignition system increases the fuel efficiency of the aircraft due to efficient burning of fuel.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19 situation, the research & development (R&D) in aircraft’s electronic ignition systems has been hampered due to the declared lockdowns and government restrictions on public gatherings.
- Revenues of airline companies are expected to decline by 55% in 2020 compared to 2019 because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19 crisis. Such decline in airline companies’ revenue will have direct impact on aircraft electronic ignition system market.
- The airline companies can halt their plans of upgrading ignition system on their aircrafts, which may adversely affect the growth of aircraft electronic ignition system market.
- Slowing down of economies of major defence buyer countries due to COVID-19 will impact their defence budget which will directly affect the aircraft electronic ignition system market.
- Demand of aircraft electronic ignition systems may rise in near future as the world starts moving towards normalcy, and the travel restrictions are expected to loosen up.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Technological advancements in aircraft ignition system, rise in demand for aircraft ignition systems in UAVs, and increase in a number of aircraft deliveries are key factors driving the growth of the aircraft electronic ignition system market. However, high manufacturing cost of electronic ignition system as compared to other ignition systems act as a major restraint for the market. Technological enhancements including development of miniaturized ignition systems are opportunistic for the aircraft electronic ignition market growth.
Technological advancements in aircraft ignition system
The mixture of air & fuel in the combustion chamber of aircraft’s engine needs to be ignited at correct moment to ensure efficient combustion. Technological advancements in aircraft ignition systems such as development of electronic ignition system seems to overcome this problem. Aircraft’s electronic ignition system produces stronger spark, and creates a hotter & longer lasting ignition source. Thereby, electronic ignition system has improved starts and reduced spark fouls, which results in improved fuel efficiency. Such technological advancements are further expected to drive the growth of aircraft electronic ignition system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aircraft electronic ignition system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of global aircraft electronic ignition system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global aircraft electronic ignition system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global aircraft electronic ignition system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the aircraft electronic ignition system market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global aircraft electronic ignition system market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aircraft Electronic Ignition System Market Report Highlights
By Engine Type
By End User
Key Market Players
SureFly Partners LTD., Unison LLC, Sky Dynamics, G3I, Woodward Inc., Electroair, Champion Aerospace Inc., Transdigm Group Inc., Meggitt PLC., Kelly Aerospace Inc.