Aircraft filters prevent dirt, solid particles, and debris out of aircraft engines, hydraulic systems, aircraft cylinders, cabins, and other places. Air filters play a very important role in the maintenance and efficiency of aircraft. It helps in improving performance & efficiency as well as providing clean air for passengers. Moreover, hydraulic fluids are used in the aircraft systems for lubrication, creating an energy transmission channel as well as providing a means for heat transfer. The fluid filters play a vital role in removing the contamination from hydraulic fluid and fuel otherwise contamination can cause system failures and increase maintenance costs. Furthermore, these filters are distinguished for filtering out contaminants and debris from hydraulic systems, engines, cabins, and avionics. Contaminants include subsumed metal flakes, ash, glass, lint, rubber, various fibers, sand, and others. Contamination intricately impacts the aircraft component performance and reliability. Furthermore, there are also noise filters which aim is to reduce the noise from the engine and other machine parts in the aircraft so that the passengers are comfortable in the cabin. The role of an aircraft filter thus is to eradicate contaminants from a system and ensure noise, fluid, and air are within design tolerances.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
- Government across major countries have announced a lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic resulting in the halt of business. The lockdown and travel restrictions have severely affected the aviation industry since, the air travel globally was halted. Moreover, due to lockdown the aircraft manufacturing was disrupted which affected the demand for aircraft filters. Furthermore, the delivery of the already manufactured aircraft filters was delayed due to lockdown. Furthermore, due to social distancing norms, there was unavailability of labor required for manufacturing of aircraft filters which further delayed the operation. Moreover, there was the shortage of raw material which affected the production of aircraft filters. The aviation industry is developing sector which was severely affected by the pandemic, but it is expected to recover and drive the aircraft attitude indicators market post pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in aircraft manufacturing, increase in aircraft maintenance, and surge in demand of aircraft in military & defense drive growth of the market.
Rise in demand for electric & alternate fuel aircraft and existing backlog in aircraft deliveries hinder the growth of the market.
Short replacement cycle of aircraft filters, surge in demand for air travel, and increase in government rules & regulations to lower carbon emissions act as an opportunity for market growth.
Short Replacement Cycle of Aircraft Filters
- The aircraft filter needs to replace after a certain period for proper functioning. The replacement cycle of the aircraft filter depends on the number of flight hours and calendar days. The cycle lasts 6 to 18 months, and has a flight time range of 300 to 3,500 flight hours. A high volume of passenger traffic means a high number of cycles for the aircraft filters. For instance, the International Civil Aviation Organization and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are formulating regulations for reducing carbon emissions from commercial planes. The short replacement cycle of air filters thus acts as an opportunity for the growth of the aircraft filters market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aircraft filters market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the aircraft filters market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the aircraft filters market.
- The report provides detailed aircraft filters market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Aircraft Filters Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the aircraft filters market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the aircraft filters market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aircraft Filters Market Report Highlights
By Aircraft Type
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
Parker Hannifin Corporation, Recco Products Inc., Purolator Facet Inc, Freudenberg Group, Porvair Plc, Hollingsworth & Vose, Champion Aerospace LLC, Pall Corporation, Safran Filtration Systems, Donaldson Company Inc.