The aircraft synthetic vision system is an aviation technology that provides the database of runways, terrains, airports, obstacles, and flight plan information to build a virtual environment that corresponds to the real world. It combines this database with the computing platform, position sensor, and display to provide a computer-generated perspective view to the pilot. This system helps to enhance the situational awareness of the pilot by providing a lucid image of the external environment during the night time or low visibility conditions. In addition, increase in procurements of newer generation aircraft is generating the demand for new aircraft synthetic vision systems. All aircraft utilize cockpit display systems to provide information related to flight control and navigation to pilots. Hence, the R&D investments in aircraft synthetic vision systems is increasing, with many players engaged in the design and development of new and improved systems, thereby boosting the growth of the market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has plunged the global airline industry into an unprecedented crisis as airline bookings plummet in response to regulation and business restrictions on travel increase.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic continues around the world, many global aerospace and defense industry companies are witnessing the impact during this uncertain time.
- There are some serious concerns about the short, mid, and long-term disruption amid COVID-19, which will have on the industry, including aircraft manufacturing and defense as well.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted society and ordinary citizens on a scale not seen since the Second World War, the market has seen some serious disruption and it will take some time to revive back.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Some of the factors that boost the growth of the aircraft synthetic vision system include increase in occurrence of controlled flight into terrain (CFIT) incidence and rise in construction of airports in emerging nations. However, the introduction of LEDs has enabled manufacturers to install them to offer enhanced illumination, which is anticipated to hamper the growth of the market. On the contrary, the incorporation of more advanced and innovative technology in existing aircraft synthetic vision systems are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
The aircraft synthetic vision market trends are as follows:
Increase in occurrence of CFIT incidence
The controlled flight into terrain (CFIT) is an event in which the aircraft, under the pilot’s control, accidentally flows into water, mountain, ground, or any other obstacle. By using aircraft SVS, the pilot becomes aware of the potential dangers, which enables timely alterations of the route. Furthermore, constant safety improvements in commercial and other types of aviation aircraft are significantly increasing the product demand. With the increasing air traffic, there is a growing need for highly efficient flight safety mechanisms. In addition, the introduction of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) has enhanced the utilization of aircraft SVS, as they require accurate projections for correct navigation even under challenging environmental conditions.
Increase in construction of airports in emerging nations
Surge in demand for synthetic surveillance systems (SVS) and rotorcraft platforms, the expansion of the retrofit market, and improved safety standards are also some of the key drivers of the global market. Moreover, countries worldwide are increasing their budgetary outlay for airport infrastructure development to meet the growing demand for air travel services. As there has been ensured increase in passenger air traffic, the governments are emphasizing on increasing the routes, fleet size, and air trips, especially in developing economies to boost the market growth. Furthermore, increase in airports with aircraft will ensure the increased use of synthetic vision, which augment the growth of the aircraft synthetic vision market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aircraft synthetic vision market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the aircraft synthetic vision market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the aircraft synthetic vision market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed aircraft synthetic vision market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the aircraft synthetic vision market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the aircraft synthetic vision market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aircraft Synthetic Vision Market Report Highlights
By Display system
Key Market Players
Rockwell Collins, Garmin Ltd., L-3 Avionics Systems, Hilton Software, Honeywell International Inc., ATG Airports Ltd., ADB Airfield Solutions LLC, Universal Avionics System, Rockwell, Astronics Corporation