Airline passenger communication system market comprises products and services in commercial airline carriers and defense aircraft that allows passengers to communicate by the use of digital technologies. Rise in air passenger traffic and competition among carriers to provide cost-effective travel options promote the growth of communication systems market in the aviation industry. Major purpose of the airline passenger communication systems is to provide in-flight connectivity for the onboard passengers. Moreover, broadened usage of Wi-Fi services such as accessing mail, social media, and web-surfing promotes the growth of the airline passenger communications system market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
Air travel has been negatively impacted by government-imposed travel ban and grounding of flights, owing to the COVID-19 scenario, which affected the growth of airline passenger communications systems market.
Communication system manufacturers are facing fewer business development opportunities through networking and sponsorships, due to disturbance in ambulant nature of domestic and global business travel, caused by the obligatory lockdown imposed by authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The aviation industry is forced to delay the ongoing projects of airline technical renovation and upgradation as the airlines are on standby and there is a shortage of staff, in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
Airline passenger communication system market is suffering from financial losses in maintenance of airlines & airports without any growth in revenue due to reduction in number of scheduled flights and fall in air passenger traffic after the COVID-19 outbreak.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in adoption of technologically advanced aircraft globally, increase in global aircraft demand, and rise in demand for business jets are the factors that drive the airline passenger communication system market. However, radio frequency concerns restrict the market growth. Contrarily, growth in tourism and travel present new tracks in the industry.
The airline passenger communication system market trends are as follows:
Surge in adoption of technologically advanced aircraft globally
Technological advancements and innovations have helped in evolution of business model associated with airlines and operations of the airport. For instance, in March 2018, IP-Based DMR Simulcast system was introduced by Harris Corporations to improve performance and simplicity of seamless wide area communications and attain optimum efficiency. Hence, continuous adoption of technology for establishment of better communication capability system drives the market growth of airline passenger communications system market.
Increase in global aircraft demand
Increase in consumer spending and change in preference toward air travel due to increased convenience and safety are the factors that play an important role in the growth of aviation industry. Rise in aircraft deliveries drives the airline passenger communications system market, as it is an integral and essential part of the overall aviation industry. For instance, in 2019, Airbus delivered 863 aircrafts as compared to 800 aircraft in 2018. The A320 neo aircraft by Airbus has bagged 3925 orders since launch in 2016. Thus, increase in aircraft demand boosts the airline passenger communications system market growth.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the airline passenger communications system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the airline passenger communications system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the airline passenger communications system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed airline passenger communications system market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the airline passenger communications system market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the airline passenger communications system market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Airline Passenger Communications System Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Honeywell, ViaSat, Thales Group, Gogo, UTC, GEE, Panasonic Avionics, Collins Aerospace, Rockwell Collins, Ducommun Incorporated