The aircraft brake system is generally used to slow down the aircraft during the landing roll on the runway. It is a necessary component to ensure the safety and directional control of an aircraft during ground operations, such as taxiing, landing, and takeoff. The airplane carbon brake with discs is a commonplace in small and light aircraft. A non-rotating caliper is bolted to the landing gear axle, aiding in applying the brakes during friction on either side of the discs. However, the single-disc proves to be inept for applying brakes. Earlier, disc brakes were used in aircrafts consisting of a disc rotating with the wheel assembly, while on applying the brakes a stationary caliper resisted the rotation by causing friction against the disc. However, due to the introduction of new technologies and innovations, the electric braking system has become more popular. This carbon braking system provides anti-skid protection and fully integrated brake control, including emergency and parking brake functions by merging brake-by-wire controlled technology with electro-mechanical brake actuation. As such, two discs are bolted to the wheel in aircraft carbon brakes with dual discs enveloping a center carrier in between the discs. The presence of linings on both sides contacts all the discs during the employment of brakes, enabling safer braking, thereby making aircraft carbon brakes with dual discs highly suitable in large and heavy aircraft. Moreover, the increase in demand for air passengers has to lead to an increase in the demand for aircraft, which drives the growth of the airplane carbon brake disc market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The emergence of novel coronavirus has affected the global economy, industry dynamics, and the company’s top line which will take a long time to revive back to normal.
- The entire ecosystem has to suffer the impact of this pandemic disease which would result in significant demand & supply gap, production delay, and the weak consumer demand of end products across industries.
- The fallout from COVID-19 will focus organizations on the need to automate faster in the medium term, not least to help bridge the productivity gap.
- COVID-19 is by far the most significant theme to affect the technology automation industry in 2020. It is effectively a stress test on companies' ability to cope with extreme shocks and financial crises.
- COVID-19 is by far the most significant virus to affect the technology industry in 2020 due to lockdown, It is effectively a stress test on companies to cope with extreme shocks.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Some of the factors such as increase in aerial operations support the growth and the rise in the traffic of air passengers worldwide are expected to boost the market growth during the forecast period. However, higher costs due to high maintenance and operating costs coupled with brake life improvement and fuel consumption are anticipated to hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, airplane carbon brake disc is an advanced technique in brake device compared to steel brakes, it is lighter, has better heat dissipation property, and does not reduce the energy absorption characteristics at high temperatures, which are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
The airplane carbon brake disc market trends are as follows:
Increase in aerial operations support the growth
The upsurge in commercial aircraft operations across developed and developing countries is set to boost the growth of the global aircraft carbon brake disc market, with the developing countries handling majority of the aerospace operations across the globe. Furthermore, the emphasis on most of the developing countries is anticipated to lead the air traffic by the next two decades, which will work in favor of the market players. In addition, the demand for luxury and premium aircraft rides has increased majorly over the past decade which is forcing companies to switch to advanced technologies, which is anticipated to boost the market growth.
Rise in the traffic of air passengers worldwide
The airlines around the world are demanding new aircrafts with advanced technologies to meet the demand in the market. Furthermore, the aircraft industry is developing aircraft with advanced systems and components to provide better services & luxury to the customers. Hence, the growing demand for aircraft is increasing the need for airplane carbon brake disc system. The demand for technological improvements in the prevailing airplane carbon brake disc system has led to the growth of the airplane carbon brake disc market. Moreover, the search for a lighter aircraft brake system is leading the growth for the airplane carbon brake disc market and is expected to foster the market growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the airplane carbon brake disc market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the airplane carbon brake disc market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the airplane carbon brake disc market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed airplane carbon brake disc market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the airplane carbon brake disc market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the airplane carbon brake disc market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Airplane Carbon Brake Disc Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Rubin Aviation Corporation, Meggitt PLC, Baimtec Material Co., Ltd, THERMOCOAX, Mersen, Honeywell International Inc., CFCCARBON CO., LTD, United Technologies, SGL Carbon, Safran Group