Airports contribute to the significant amount of carbon dioxide emissions and are also associated with emission of greenhouse gasses from aircraft with high-energy consumption. Thus, currently, there is an increased use of renewable energy technologies to reduce the emission level. Solar energy systems are increasingly being installed in parking garages, roofs of airport terminals, and on the land surrounding tarmacs. At present, several airports across the globe use solar systems during various stages of construction. The quality, reliability, cost, and life of photovoltaic system play a significant role in the growth of the solar power system producers.
In addition, latest development in airport solar power gains traction in the global market. The Cochin International Airport located in the city of Kochi is the worlds first fully solar-powered airport which installed a 1.1-MWp PV plant on the roof of one of its terminals and a larger 12-MWp plant on the surrounding land. In addition, San Diego International Airport presently installing a 5.5-MWp solar PV system with more than 3 MWp currently operational.
Increase in air passengers and availability of larger are of land within airports majorly drive the market growth. Moreover, with rise in environmental concerns, airport authorities are undertaking several initiatives to reduce carbon dioxide emission. Airport solar power systems manufacturers are more inclined towards the extensive research for the technological development, which is expected to provide growth opportunity to the industry players in the global market.
The global airport solar power market is segmented based on its type and geography. On the basis of type, it is categorized as ground-mounted airport solar power system, roof-mounted airport solar power system, remote airport solar power system, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Ameresco, Robert Bosch GmbH, Canadian Solar, Gaia Solar A/S, Solar Energy Corporation of India, SunEdison, Solar Frontier, EMMVEE Solar Systems Pvt. Ltd., Vikram Solar, and Indo Solar is also provided in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global airport solar power market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Airport Solar Power Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Ground-Mounted Airport Solar Power System
- Roof-Mounted Airport Solar Power System
- Remote Airport Solar Power System
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The other major players in the industry are:
- TECO Energy
- Navitas Solar
- SunPower Corp.
- General Energy Solutions
*The above list of companies is not profiled in the report, but can be added based on interest.