Airport Technology Market Statistics - 2030
Airport technology market is a system that focuses on designing technology to manage the internal passenger system within the leading airports. Technologies such as BHS (Baggage Handling System), CUTE (Common Use Terminal Equipment), APPS (Advance Passenger Processing System), and Cloud technology are used by the airports. The IT also focuses on using advanced technologies to develop good customer experience and fulfill the growing mobility needs to provide traction for regular air travel and passenger traffic at most airports. In addition, advanced experience and better services ensure satisfied passengers who prefer same airlines and airports. Therefore, airports are focusing on increasing credit by improving the customer experience during transit and travel.
Impact of COVID-19 on Airport Technology Market:
- The emergence of COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected almost all industries across the world. Furthermore, due to lockdown enforcements and restrictions on movements, a slowdown in growth of airport market has been witnessed. However, the changes and shifts in airport management due to the new normal are anticipated to boost the growth of airport market.
- The U.S. and global airport market growth has slowed down as there has been a steep fall in demand for air transport as a result of the cross-border travel restrictions imposed by the governments to control virus transmission.
- In addition, COVID-19 has led to many challenges to the sustainability of the airport market at the global level.
- Furthermore, there are strong indications that the current decrease in demand for technology and digital solutions are just a short-term phenomenon. In the medium-to-long run, the impact of COVID-19 on technology may be extremely positive as everyone is forced to embrace new technologies and discover their benefits. Additional investments in digital infrastructure can be expected.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The infrastructure for smart airports include communication systems, cargo &baggage handling, ground handling, security systems, vehicle parking solutions, air traffic management, aircraft hangars, aircraft parking, and the area falling within the airport. Furthermore, other operations in the terminal side segment include passenger and staff notification system, information display system, lighting system, and announcement system.
Increase in Passenger Traffic Necessitating Adoption of Automated Technologies
Growth in air traffic has necessitated airports to become highly adaptive, innovative, and practical to address the ever-changing dynamics of the airport industry. Airports have developed into multi-modal transportation hubs for passengers; hence the efforts are being dissociated toward developing systems and processes that are digitally advanced, interconnected, infused with intelligence, easily accessed by all stakeholders, develop agile systems to predict capacity demand, provide enhanced passenger travel experience, improve operational process efficiency, improve staff productivity, and ensuring safety and security.
Implementation of Biometrics at Airports
Biometrics Technology is getting popular day by day in international and domestic airports across the world. This technology does not require any paper work and records all data in systems to provide a good boarding experience for passengers. In addition, it has been implemented in all individual airports for boarding processes and it is actually used at the time of check-in and check-out. For instance, this technology offers user-friendly, self-service experience which enables high-level automated security checks at green airports.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global airport technology market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of global airport technology market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the global airport technology market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global airport technology market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Global Airport Technology Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the airport technology market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the airport technology market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Airport Technology Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Siemens Airports, Honeywell Airport Solutions, Rockwell Automation, Thales ATM S.A, Smiths Detection International, Hitachi Ltd., Analogic Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Bosch Security Systems, Inc., Raytheon Corporation