Alcohol-Based Disinfectant Market Outlook - 2027
Alcohol-based disinfectant is a concentrated solution of alcohol (majorly isopropyl alcohol), which is used for sanitation purposes. Alcohol-based disinfectants are solutions of 60–90% alcohol and 10–30% purified water. Ethyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, and n-propanol are the major types of alcohols used for the preparation of alcohol-based disinfectants. Alcohol inhibits the growth of microorganisms by denaturing the protein molecules and by direct effect on the RNA of the cells, thereby interfering with the metabolism of the cell. Alcohol serves as an effective disinfectant, owing to the fact that it evaporates rapidly without leaving any residue. In addition, alcohols are capable of dissolving liquids, which makes them effective against liquid-wrapped viral cells. Moreover, they are inexpensive and easy to handle.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic across the world has increased the demand for alcohol-based disinfectants exponentially.
- The demand for alcohol-based disinfectants and sanitizers has escalated, due to increase in awareness of hygiene and cleanliness to prevent themselves from infection.
- Doctors and healthcare organizations, such as WHO, are continuously advising for repeatedly washing or disinfecting hands for being safe from the novel coronavirus.
- Several new manufacturers have entered the market in the midst of the pandemic to cater the huge demand for alcohol-based disinfectants in the global market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis:
The alcohol-based disinfectant market is expected to grow at a steady rate, due to rise in concerns about hygiene; however, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand has increased significantly. Alcohol-based disinfectants are used for sanitization purpose in public places such as hospitals, railway & metro stations, airports, and offices. These disinfectants find their application majorly in the medical industry for sterilization of medical and surgical equipment. Moreover, alcohol-based hand sanitizers come handy for the ones who need to travel due to work or education. Thus, aforementioned factors are expected to drive the demand for alcohol-based disinfectants, thereby contributing toward the growth of the overall market.
From the outbreaks of several epidemics in the past such as Ebola and Nipah, the demand for alcohol-based disinfectants had witnessed a steady growth and it was also supported by growing health awareness toward contagious diseases. Moreover, the inexpensiveness of these disinfectants made them affordable to the major part of the population, which significantly boosts the growth of the global market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global alcohol-based disinfectant industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global alcohol-based disinfectant market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global alcohol-based disinfectant market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global alcohol-based disinfectant market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global alcohol-based disinfectant market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Alcohol-Based Disinfectant Market Report Highlights
By Alcohol type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
3M Company, BOD Chemie GmbH, Reckitt Benckiser, DuPont, and Johnson and Johnson
Other Key Market Players