Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents are defined as organic compounds whose carbon atoms are linked in open chains, either straight or branched, rather than containing a benzene ring. They are mixtures of saturated, long straight, branched chain or cyclic paraffin. These solvents are manufactured by distillation of crude oil by the appropriate boiling point fraction and then treated to improve their color as well as odor. They are also known as non-aromatic compounds.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The demand for cars and commercial vehicles is expected to see decline throughout. More than 80% of automobile production in North America has come to a halt due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Europe and Asia-Pacific are witnessing a similar situation. Companies such as Ford, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Honda, and Tesla have stopped production temporarily. Even if these companies resume production after the pandemic subsides, economic instability and reduction in the purchasing power of consumers will have an adverse effect on the automotive industry. The impact of COVID-19 on the construction industry is projected to vary in different regions across the world. The IMF (International Monetary Fund) has predicted that there will be heavy layoffs in the construction sector and other industries in the U.S. In Europe, the building & construction industry is anticipated to contract by 60%–70% in 2021.
Top Impacting Factors
Aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market size will witness significant growth owing to its wide use in paints and coating industry. Wide usage of paints and coatings in general industries, marine, coil, wood, aerospace and rail have increased its demand and simultaneously boosted aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market. They are usually added in mineral spirits, petroleum naphtha, octane and petroleum distillates to enhance its performance. The component is used as an additive in powder coating for resistance and stability. Aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinner has chemical properties of thinning paints and coats, which has boosted the demand for Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market.
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinner are blends of either saturated, long straight chain, cycle paraffin or branched chain.
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinner are produced by distillation of crude oil at correct boiling point.
- Gasoline and Kerosene are the prime product types.
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinner product is widely used as carriers for aerosols and disinfectants.
- Aerosol is a substance enclosed under pressure and realized as a fin spray of propellant gas.
- Container holding aerosol should be strong enough to carry it.
- Adverse effects on the human health may restrain Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market.
- Exposure to Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinner causes muscular weakness, distorted vision, damages to lungs and skin, numbness, fatigue etc.
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinner are available in two types including n-hexane and n-heptane.
- Turpentine is widely used in the painting and art industries but is also known to release noxious vapor and has a very strong odor.
- Turpentine can also cause sensitization and affect the central nervous system, gastrointestinal and urinary tract.
- These factors lead to the replacement of turpentine with mineral spirits or odorless mineral spirits, driving the aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinner industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinner Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Aliphatic Hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aliphatic Hydrocarbon Solvents And Thinners Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
SK Global Chemical Co., Ltd. (South Korea),, ExxonMobil Chemical, Inc. (US),, Royal Dutch Shell Plc. (Netherlands), L.P. (US), Gotham Industries (Canada),, Gulf Chemicals, Industrial Oils Co., (Saudi Arabia), Calumet Specialty Products Partners,