Alkoxylates are chemicals produced by the process of alkoxylation, wherein compounds, such as alcohols, phenols, and amines, react with alkoxides to form alkoxylates. Various types of alkoxylates are alcohol alkoxylates; fatty acid alkoxylates, and fatty amine alkoxylates, which are used as cleaning agents, emulsifying agents, detergents, stabilizers, dispersing agents, and wetting agents. Alcohol alkoxylates are most commonly used among end-use industries, owing to their degradable and environment-friendly nature.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global Alkoxylates market. This research study includes a qualitative & quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview and predict the market behavior during the forecast period.
The demand for alkoxylates products has witnessed significant growth, owing to growth of end-use industries, such as chemical, personal care, and detergents. Moreover, easy availability of multiple alkoxylates and their suitability in several applications supplement the market growth. Moreover, with awareness of ingredient formulations, increase in environment-conscious consumers, the demand for biodegradable solutions, and production of alkoxylates from biodegradable material has witnessed significant demand. At present, increase in raw material prices and energy costs, unmatchable competition, and enforcement of regulations on alkoxylates are the key factors affecting the business sustainability of alkoxylate manufacturers. Rise in crude oil prices has resulted in increased costs of ethoxylation, thereby leading to excessive pressure on product price margins.
The global alkoxylates market is segmented based on grade, type, application, end-user industry, and geography. Based on grade, it is bifurcated into natural and synthetic. Based on type, it is classified into fatty acid, alcohol, fatty amine glyceride-based, and methyl ether. Based on application, it is categorized into cleaning agents, emulsifying agents, detergents, dispersing agents, and wetting agents. Based on end-user industry, it is divided into agrochemicals, paints & coatings, personal care, oil field chemicals, and others (textile processing, paper, and pulp). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector involve BASF, AkzoNobel, Kaiser Industries, Stepan Company, KLK OLEO, The Dow Chemical Company, Royal Dutch Shell Plc., Solvay, India Glycols Limited, and Sasol Limited.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2016-2023, which is expected to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise alkoxylates market conditions have been comprehensively analyzed in the report. Increase in demand for alkoxylates for industrial use is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Key players operating in the alkoxylates market have been listed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation of alkoxylates market within the market have been provided, which is expected to assist in the prevailing market opportunities.
Alkoxylates Market Key Segments
- Fatty Acid
- Fatty Amine
- Methyl Ether
- Cleaning Agents
- Emulsifying Agents
- Dispersing Agents
- Wetting Agents
By End-user Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Personal Care
- Oilfield Chemicals
- Others (Textile Processing, Paper, and Pulp)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of L