Alkylphenol ethoxylates (APE) areorganic molecules consisting of branched chain alkylphenolsthat react with ethylene oxide to produce the ethoxylate chain. APE is a well known non-ionic surfactant. The main two types of APE that are commercially used are nonphenol ethoxylates (NPE) and octyphenol ethoxylates (OPE). The compoundsare extensively used in detergents and cleaning products asit is highly effective, cheap and easy to handle. Attributed to their very high production, the alkylphenol ethoxylates are referred as high production volume (HPV) chemicals. They are banned in most of the European countries due to their slow environmental degradation property. However, the use of alkylphenol ethoxylates is anticipated to increase among various end-use industries including pulp and paper, plastic, textile industries, and others. It acts as a major emulsifier and surfactant in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications including paints, varnishes, personal care, healthcare, and others.
- The global market for alkylphenol ethoxylateis severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Countries in Asia-Pacific have been taking measures to mitigate the spread of the virus. These mitigation measures have contributed to the slowing of economic activities and livelihoods of employees.
- Attributed to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the APE-based industries have been hard hit due to demand and supply chain disruptions, decreased productivity rates, and health issues of the workforce.
- However, due to the wake of COVID-19 pandemic there has been a rising concern about health and hygiene among the people across the world. As a result, there has been a steep escalation in demand for cleaning agents such as soaps, detergents and others. This has caused a significant rise in demand for APE in the market
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
One of the major factor responsible for the growing demand for APE is it extensive use as cleaning agent and industrial surfactant. With the rapid industrialization around the world, especially in the developing nations, there is an increase in consumption of industrial surfactant. Moreover, APE also has several applications in the paper and pulp and textile industry as well. Along with the growing disposable income and buying power of the consumers, the demand for personal care and fast-moving consumer goods(FMCG) products such as soaps, detergents have increased significantly which also adds to the escalating demand for APE in the market. However, the toxic nature of the compound and its harmful effects on the environment might act as restraining factors for the market.
The North American region accounts for the major share inthe APE Market owingto the high consumption of APE as cleaning agents in the developed nations such as the US. The market in the Asia Pacific region is also expected to grow at a significant pace because of the growing demand for personal care products such as soaps and detergents among the emerging economies.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global alkylphenol ethoxylate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global alkylphenol ethoxylate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global alkylphenol ethoxylate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global alkylphenol ethoxylate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Alkylphenol Ethoxylate Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the alkylphenol ethoxylatemarket?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Alkylphenol Ethoxylate Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Solvay S.A.,, Huntsman Corporation, India Glycols Ltd., AkzoNobel N.V., Sasol, Clariant, PCC Exol SA, DOW Chemical Company, Clariant AG, SABIC, Stepan Company