Allergic rhinitis is an allergic response to specific allergens. An allergen is an otherwise harmless substance that has the ability to cause an allergic reaction in conducive conditions. Pollen is the most common allergen in seasonal allergic rhinitis. Mold, animal dander, and dust are the other substances that can cause allergic rhinitis.
Increase in the prevalence of allergic rhinitis augments the market growth. Furthermore, rise in the awareness about allergic rhinitis and high usage of tobacco boost the allergic rhinitis market. However, patent expiries and competition from generic drugs along with growth in the preference for alternative & complementary therapy impedes the growth of the market.
The global allergic rhinitis market is segmented on the basis of drug class, route of administration, form, and geography. By drug class, this market is segmented into antihistamines, intranasal corticosteroids, and immunotherapies. By route of administration, this market is classified into oral, parenteral, and intranasal. Furthermore, on the basis of form, this market is categorised into solid and liquid. By geography, it has been analysed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi, ALK-Abell, Meda Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Boehringer Ingelheim, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Alcon (Novartis AG) have been provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided to determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of allergic rhinitis drugs in medical settings.
Allergic Rhinitis Market Key Segments:
By drug class
- Intranasal corticosteroids
By route of administration
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA