Allergy is an abnormal reaction of the body to a previously encountered allergen introduced by involuntary processes such as inhalation, ingestion, injection, or skin contact, often manifested by conditions such as runny nose itchy eyes, wheezing, skin rash, or diarrhoea. An allergen is an otherwise harmless substance that has the ability to cause an allergic reaction in conducive conditions. Pollen is the most common allergen in seasonal allergies. Mold, animal dander, and dust are the other substances that can cause allergies.
Increase in the prevalence of allergens augments the market growth. Furthermore, rise in awareness about allergy treatment and high usage of tobacco boost the allergy treatment market. However, patent expiries and competition from generic drugs along with growth in the preference for alternative & complementary therapy impedes the growth of the market.
The global allergy treatment market is segmented on the basis of type, treatment, end user, and geography. By type, this market is segmented into eye allergy, rhinitis, asthma, skin allergy and other allergies. By treatment, this market is classified into anti-allergy, and immunotherapy treatment. The anti-allergy treatment is further divided into antihistamines, corticosteroids, decongestants, mast cell stabilizers, and other medicines. On the basis of end user, this market is categorised into hospitals, clinics, pharmacy, and others. By geography, it has been analysed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as GlaxoSmithKline, Allergy therapeutics, Allergopharma, Allergon, Allergan, Inc., Genentech Inc., Schering-Plough Corporation, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc. and Meda Pharmaceuticals, Inc, have been provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided to determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies are thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of allergy treatment drugs in medical settings.
Allergy Treatment Market Key Segments:
- Eye allergy
- Skin allergy
- Other allergies
- Anti-allergy medicine
- Mast cell stabilizers
- Other medicines (Leukotriene, Calcineurin, Cromoglicate, Anti-IgE)
By End user
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAME