Alternative Financing Market Outlook – 2027
Alternative financing refers to the channels, which have emerged apart from the traditional finance system such as capital markets, regulated banks, and other instruments. Alternative finance instruments such as social impact bonds and bitcoin are technology-enabled, which generally specify the utilization of third-party capital in the market.
With connecting fundraisers directly to the investors, alternative financing can help in reducing the transactional costs & improve the market efficiency for the company. Therefore, surge in adoption for alternative finance instruments, easy accessibility of the financing services, and the cost saved by the consumers are expected to boost the growth of the market in near future.
The global alternative financing market is segmented on the basis of type, end user, and region. Based on type, the alternative financing market is divided into peer to peer lending, crowdfunding, invoice trading, and others. On the basis of end user, the market is bifurcated into individual and enterprises. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global alternative financing industry include LendingClub, MarketInvoice, CircleBack Lending, Peerform, Zopa, Mintos, Lendix, RateSetter, SoFi, and BorrowersFirst. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
Top Impacting Factors
Lower operating costs & market risk, higher transparency due to the adoption of digitalization in financing sector and need for better consumer experience are driving the growth of the market. However, the security threat while alternative financing is expected to hamper the growth of the market. Contrarily, rise in adoption of internet-of-things & blockchain-based alternative lending platforms can be seen as an opportunity for the market investments.
Lower Operating Costs and Market Risk
Alternative financing services are easy to operate, unlike the traditional banking systems. The alternative financing is an internet-based platform which uses bitcoins & social impact bonds for financing. The data for the alternative financing is transparent to the consumers, which therefore promotes the growth of availing alternative financial instruments.
Furthermore, the alternative financing helps in reducing the operational cost by decreasing the cost in infrastructure, workforce, and maintenance of financial services. Moreover, the alternative financing provides a suitable plan to ensure the borrower’s repayment process, which reduces the market risk for the company. Therefore, the lower operating costs and market risk, will boost the growth of global market during the forecast period.
Rise in Adoption of Internet-of-Things and Blockchain-Based Alternative Lending Platforms
The alternative financing businesses have increasingly adopted & implemented internet-of-things and blockchain-based technologies. As these technologies help in adding advanced proficiencies such as easy accessibility and transparency to the alternative financing platforms, which further boost the market growth.
For instance, Tavant Technologies, which is a digital products & solutions company have developed a blockchain-based digital solution, which maximizes the use of data-driven processes in the generation of alternative financing life cycle. Therefore, rise in adoption of internet-of-things and blockchain-based alternative lending platform is expected to foster the market growth the global industry in the upcoming years.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global alternative financing market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the alternative financing market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global alternative financing market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed alternative financing market analysis depending on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- In the wake of COVID-19 pandemic situation, the demand for alternative financing platforms is expected to grow for online assessment & processing of finance to avoid physical interaction, which prevents the transmission of coronavirus.
- Moreover, the tradition to use the alternative financing service has helped consumers & the financial industry to provide the finances through different channels without spreading the coronavirus.
Questions Answered in the Alternative Financing Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the global alternative financing market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the global alternative financing market size?
- How current alternative financing market trends that would influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Alternative Financing Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
SoFi, Peerform, Zopa, RateSetter, MarketInvoice, CircleBack Lending, LendingClub, BorrowersFirst, Lendix, Mintos