Alumina-based Ceramics Market Outlook -2027
Alumina-based ceramics are the most widely used advanced ceramic materials for insulating applications. Aluminum oxide, also known as alumina, is a major engineering material. Although is an electrical insulator, it exhibits high thermal conductivity. Alumina-based ceramics possess superior properties such as high mechanical strength, resistance to corrosion, enhanced thermal stability, and chemical inertness. Owing to these properties, these ceramics are widely applicable across various industry verticals such as chemical, electrical & electronics, medical, and mechanical. In addition, alumna-based ceramics find their application in the manufacture of military equipment. They are manufactured at various purity levels depending on their application in end-user industries.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 all over the world has severely affected the alumina-based ceramics market.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has disrupted the global economy by halting the operations of major end-user industries such as electronics, mechanical, and automotive. Since the alumina-based ceramics are widely used in these industries for the manufacture of critical parts, including resistor cores, heavy-duty tools, capacitors, and insulators, the decline in demand has affected the growth of the alumina-based ceramics market to a notable extent.
- Moreover, the restrictions imposed on national and international transport have resulted in the disruption of supply chain, which is likely to negatively impact the manufacturers of alumina-based ceramics along with the end-user industries.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis:
Rapid growth in urbanization and industrialization across the globe have acted as major drivers of the global alumina-based ceramics market. In addition, alumina-based ceramics are witnessing increased demand from various industries, which significantly contributes toward the growth of the market during the forecast period. For instance, the electrical & electronics industry is the major end user of alumina-based ceramics where it is used in making passive components such as resistances and capacitors used in hybrid circuits, multi-layer interconnection circuits, and hyper-frequency resonators. This is attributed to its superior mechanical properties. Moreover, it is used in the mechanical industry for manufacturing abrasive and cutting tools.
Furthermore, alumina-based ceramics are used in the manufacture of critical machine parts, which require high resistance against corrosion such as seals in piston engines. Owing to their chemical inertness and the insolubility in ordinary chemical reagents, alumina-based ceramics are used in the medical industry for artificial joint replacements. Porous alumina is used as a bone-spacer and for teeth implants. In addition, they are extensively used in the military sector, as they exhibit shock resistance, which is required in making armor plates for tanks and helicopters and for preparing bulletproof vests. Thus, such wide range of applications in different end-user industries, the demand for alumina-based ceramics is expected to grow considerably with the passage of time.
The Asia-Pacific region holds the largest share of the alumina-based ceramics market, due to the rapid increase in industrialization and surge in demand for superior quality ceramics in the electrical & electronics sector of countries such as India, Japan, South Korea, and China. It is followed by Europe where the demand of alumina-based ceramics is increasing majorly in the western parts, including Germany and the UK, due to expansion of the automobile industry in these countries.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global alumina-based ceramics industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global alumina-based ceramics market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global alumina-based ceramics market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global alumina-based ceramics market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global alumina-based ceramics market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Alumina-based Ceramics Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Morgan Advanced Materials plc, KYOCERA Corporation, CeramTec, Dynamic Ceramic, Ceramco Inc., NTK Cutting Tools U.S.A., and Elan Technology,Rauschert GmbH,Toto Ltd.,Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics LLC,Small Precision Tools Inc.,Vesuvius PLC
Other Key Market Players
3M Company, Applied Ceramics Inc., Blasch Precision Ceramics, Inc.