Aluminum Flat Products Market Analysis
Flat rolling processing transforms an aluminum ingot known as a slab into a thinner product or a plate, resulting in aluminum flat products. Aluminum flat products are widely used in the production of cans, foil, automobile bodies, and equipment and machinery, which may boost demand for aluminum flat products. The global aluminum flat products market is expected to be driven by rising demand for lightweight components in the automotive industry. Household utensils, packages, closures, building interiors and exteriors, roofs, and home electric appliances are just a few of the applications for aluminum flat products. Aluminum cans, for example, have a higher recycling rate than other packaging materials. They are light, stackable, and durable, allowing brands to package and transport more beverages with less material.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
Despite the fact that the COVID-19 pandemic is still transforming the growth of various industries, the outbreak's immediate impact is varied. While some industries are expected to experience a drop in demand, many others will remain unaffected and show promising growth prospects. The lockdown has affected majorly on the supply chain management of the aluminum market.
Top Impacting Factors
Market growth has been fueled by the increased use of aluminum flat products to reduce vehicle and aircraft weight. To meet regulatory requirements and meet the targets set for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, vehicles are being manufactured with high fuel efficiency. The use of aluminum instead of steel and iron is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period. Because of their lightweight and good formability, the use of sheets and plates in automotive manufacturing is increasing. In the automotive industry, the car's aesthetics and crashworthiness are critical considerations. Aluminum flat products market growth could be boosted by rising demand in construction due to its maintenance-free and corrosion-resistant properties. Aluminum bars are used owing to their unique combination of strength and lightness, allowing for neat and unobtrusive frames, sashes, and fittings.
- The increasing demand for these products in the packaging and automotive industries is a major driver for the global aluminum flat-rolled products market. The growing use of flexible foil-based packaging in the food & beverage industry is expected to drive the global market growth of aluminum flat-rolled products in the packaging sector.
- In the coming years, the demand for aluminum foils in medical packaging is expected to grow, contributing to the global market's growth. Similarly, the growing demand for aluminum flat-rolled products in the automotive industry to manufacture lightweight and fuel-efficient vehicles is expected to propel the global market forward.
- Aluminum used in the construction industry has no negative effects on the air quality inside buildings, on land, or in the water.
- Manufacturers frequently struggle to keep up with market competition while also trying to offer new products. Several government guidelines promoting lightweight materials in automobiles may boost the market value of aluminum flat products.
- The use of aluminum flat-rolled products in the automotive industry to manufacture lightweight, fuel-efficient automobiles, as well as their use in the construction industry because they have the ability to build complex shapes on long continuous pieces and can be used for a variety of construction materials, are driving the market for aluminum rolled products.
- The aluminum rolled products market benefits from the expansion of the building and construction industry, rapid urbanization, R&D activities to produce innovative and less expensive aluminum products, and an increase in people's disposable income.
- Several vendors in the market are concentrating on the development of advanced alloys for specific end-use applications. Increased production capacity and small-business acquisitions are also likely to remain a key focus area for aluminum flat product vendors.
- Hindalco Industries Limited (India), Alcoa Corporation (U.S.), Constellium (The Netherlands), Norsk Hydro ASA (Norway), Aluminum Corporation of China (Chalco) (China), Arconic (U.S.), NALCO (India), UACJ Corporation (Japan), Elvalhalcor Hellenic Copper and Aluminum Industry S.A. (Greece), and JW Aluminum (U.S.) are among the leading players in the global aluminum flat-rolled products market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aluminum flat products market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the aluminum flat products market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the aluminum flat products market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed aluminum flat products market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Aluminum Flat Products Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the aluminum flat products market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is aluminum flat products?
- What does aluminum flat products allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make aluminum flat products critical organizational asset?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Aluminum Flat Products Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
China Hongqiao Group, United Company RUSAL, Aluminum Corporation of China., Rusal, Alcoa, Novelis, Norsk Hydro, Nalco Champion, Hydro, Arconic