Aluminium nickel catalyst, also known as Raney nickel catalyst is an alloy of nickel and aluminium obtained asa powdered form in the presence of concentrated sodium hydroxide solution. Aluminium nickel catalyst isgenerally used in the hydrogenation reaction of several functional groups and also in several other reactions including reductive alkylation, reductive amination, and others. Due to its high structural and thermal stability, aluminium nickel catalyst is extensively used in the refinery industry and also as additives and intermediate in different other end-user industries such as rubber, pharmaceutical, chemical, and others.
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the global aluminium-nickel catalyst market.
- Moreover, China was a major market for the aluminium-nickel catalyst and thus the complete shutdown of the nation caused a great deal of damage to the global aluminium-nickel catalyst market.
- As a result of the nationwide lockdowns and restrictions on national and international transport, the demand for fuel decreased drastically. All the refineries across the globe were severely affected and as a result, the demand for aluminium-nickel catalyst in the refineries decreased and thereby affecting the market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends , Drivers and Impact Analysis
The rapid industrialization across the globe has resulted in a significant increase in the demand for crude oil in the market. The aluminium-nickel catalyst plays a major role in the petroleum industry by breaking the long chains of the crude oil molecules into simpler products such as diesel, gasoline, and others. As a result, the developments in the refinery sector also drives the growth of the aluminium-nickel catalyst market. Moreover, this catalyst also finds its application in the hydrosulfurization reaction during the production of natural gas, which also adds to increase in demand for aluminium-nickel catalyst in the market. Another major advantage of aluminium-nickel catalyst is its cost-effectiveness and its efficiency that make it a more preferred option than its alternative, the platinum catalyst. Compounds such as caprolactum, a raw material used in the production of nylon, is majorly produced from cyclohexane and aluminium-nickel catalyst. There is a steep increase in the production of caprolactum in the Asia-Pacific region, especially in China, where there is a 30% increase in the production of this compound from 2017. The demand for aluminium-nickel catalyst is also on a rise in India with Evonik and Vineeth Precious catalysts Pvt. Ltd. being the major suppliers. All these factors are expected to drive the demand for aluminium-nickel catalyst during the forecast period.However, the short shelf life and the instability of the aluminium-nickel catalyst limits the market growth.
The market in the Asia-Pacific region holds a significant share of the global aluminium-nickel catalyst market due to its high demand for the production of sorbitol and other compounds. The market in the Middle East is also expected to experience lucrative growth owing to the presence of high number of oil & gas industries and refineries in the region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global aluminum-nickel catalyst industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global aluminum-nickel catalyst market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global aluminum-nickel catalyst market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global aluminum-nickel catalyst market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Aluminum-Nickel Catalyst Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the aluminum-nickel catalystmarket?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aluminum-Nickel Catalyst Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Johnson Matthey, Axens, , Alfa-Aesar, Vineeth Chemicals, Evonik Industries, Sigma Aldrich, W.R. Grace, BASF SE, HaldorTopsoe A/S, Hangzhou Jiali metal Technology Co.,Ltd, Greenwell Ingredients Sdn. Bhd