Aluminum Welding Market Analysis
Aluminum is a lightweight and low strength metal that can easily be formed and welded. Unless alloyed with specific elements, it is only suitable in low temperature applications. Welding is a process of melting 2 metal components together, while welding any material is a difficult task, welding lightweight metals such as aluminum requires maximum precision to ensure a strong bond.
Aluminum work piece needs a lot of heat to get up to temperature and itis capable of holding that heat for a longer duration, thus tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding is the key method used to weld aluminum. A welding machine with current control is beneficial for maintaining the aluminum work piece from overheating and causing a burn through. Furthermore, TIG welding can be applied to thin aluminum sheets along with thicker aluminum plate.
- The global market for aluminum welding market is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of aluminum welding, which negatively impact the market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends and Drivers
The global aluminium welding market is primarily run by the increasing need for aluminium products in automotive and construction industries. Unique properties of aluminum such ashigh strength, resistant to corrosion, lightweight, and recyclability make them desirable in several parts of a car, leading to a decline of fuel usage. Moreover, the claim for lightweight vehicles is predicted to rise due to increasing concerns on environmental pollution caused by high fuel consumption. Strict government regulations on environmental pollution and supportive government schemes in emerging economies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the automotive and construction industries are expected to increase aluminum demand, which is expected to increase the growth of the aluminum welding market in the coming years. Aluminium is the most widely used metal after steel in buildings and is used in construction materials along with concrete, steel, and cement. Thus, growth in the global construction sector is likely to drive market growth for aluminum welding in the coming years. However, expensive cost and extreme metal wastage in aluminum welding market is projected to restraint the aluminium welding market in the forecasted period. Furthermore, aluminium welding has extreme thermal conductivity, minimal melting point, and porosity. And in the welding process, the cool areas of the base metal try to pull heat away from the welding area which leads to a minimal penetration in the weld. Therefore, aluminium requires much higher heat inputs than steel during welding.
The global aluminium welding market is studied across major four regional markets including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest market over the coming years in response to the growing use of aluminum products in end-use industries such as automotive and construction, especially in India and China. In addition to this, major industries are expanding their manufacturing hubs in these countries owing to cheap labor costs and to meet the growing demand for their products and this is further expected to complement the growth of this region. In addition, government initiatives such as “Make in India” and “House for All” by the Indian government to enhance the manufacturing sector in the country is anticipated to increase the demand for aluminum welding in the country.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global aluminum welding market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global aluminum welding market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyze to highlight the global aluminum welding market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global aluminum welding market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Aluminium Welding Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the aluminium welding market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the aluminium welding market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aluminum Welding Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Hilarius Haarlem Holland, Air Liquide, Sural, Navametal, ESAB, Safra, Lincoln Electric Company, Voestalpine Bohler, EWM Hightec., Gedik