A clinical chemistry analyzer is used to determine concentration of metabolites, proteins, sugars, and electrolytes in samples of bodily fluids, such as plasma, serum, urine, and others. It is a device where samples are first inserted in a slot or tray, then tests are programmed through a keypad, and results are displayed on a screen. An analyzer diagnoses and treats fatal diseases, such as diabetes, HIV, cancer, hepatitis, thyroid problems, and others. Clinical conditions of liver function, kidney function, and hemoglobin levels can be determined with the help of an analyzer. Technological advancements in clinical chemistry analyzers enable users to obtain accurate results in less duration.
Rising healthcare expenditure, increasing aging population, contagious diseases, such as tuberculosis, malaria, and increase in criminal activities are factors driving the growth of the Americas clinical chemistry analyzer market. However, high cost of device and shortage of skilled professionals are the restraining factors in this market. Laboratory automation, growing infrastructure facilities and technological advancements are likely to create opportunities for the market.
The Americas clinical chemistry analyzer market is segmented in terms of type, technology, end user, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is classified into semi-automated and fully-automated analyzers. Furthermore, the fully automated analyzer market is classified into entry level, medium throughput, large high throughput, and ultra large high throughput based on tests per hour. Based on technology, the market is categorized into wet and dry chemistry. The market is segmented based on end user into academic research institutes, diagnostic laboratories, hospitals, and other end users. The market is geographically categorized into the U.S., Canada, Chile, Mexico, and Rest of America (RoA).
The major manufacturers of clinical chemistry analyzers are Abbott Diagnostics, Roche Diagnostics, Beckman Coulter, Siemens AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Randox Laboratories Ltd., ElitechGroup, Horiba, and Mindray. Various strategies, such as partnerships, mergers, joint ventures, and new product launches have been implemented by the leading market players to strengthen their position in the industry.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an extensive analysis of current and future market trends of the Americas clinical chemistry analyzer market.
- This report offers a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2019, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of Americas clinical chemistry analyzer market.
- The key manufacturers of the Americas clinical chemistry analyzer market are profiled in the report and comprehensive analysis of their strategies helps in understanding the competitive landscape.
- The report offers detailed insights on new product launches, research, and development in the Americas clinical chemistry analyzer market.
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of the leading manufacturers for effective strategy implementation.
- Geographically, the market is segmented into U.S., Canada, Chile, Mexico, and Rest of America (RoA).
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Wet Chemistry
- Dry Chemistry
By End User
- Academic Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Other End Users
- Rest of America (RoA)