Ammunition Handling Systems Market Outlook – 2027
The global ammunition handling systems market is experiencing a significant growth due to increasing armed conflicts around the world. Ammunition handling system is a mechanism for holding ammunition and feeding ammunition into the weapon system for firing. Each weapon system has a unique weapon handling system designed according to fire mechanism & ammunition of the weapon system. Ammunition handling systems are used in tanks, remote weapon stations, artilleries, and naval guns, among others. Moreover, ammunition handling system stores ammo to enable maximum fire rate of weapon system without compromising fire superiority as well as ensures operator safety without the need to manually load ammunition after every single fire.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Ammunition handling systems manufacturing companies are forced to halt production operations due to government-imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Military agencies are forced to delay the procurement of ammunition handling systems due to supply chain restrictions imposed by the government in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak.
Governments all around the world are diverting financial resources to combat COVID-19 pandemic, hence limiting defense expenditure on acquisition of ammunition handling systems.
Research & development of ammunition handling systems for remote weapon systems is adversely affected due to lack of international technical workforce caused by the travel restrictions imposed by the government to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in military expenditure, increase in demand for remote weapon station, and rise in adoption of link-less ammunition handling system are the factors that drive the global ammunition handling systems market. However, high cost of composite link-less ammunition system and potential mechanical failure in linked mechanical handling system hinder the market growth. On the contrary, optimized baffle design for smooth ammunition transition, configurable interface & mounting capabilities, and demand for increased ammo capacity present new pathways in the industry.
The global ammunition handling systems market trends are as follows:
Demand for remote weapon station
Remote weapon stations are remotely operated weapon systems with auto ammunition handling systems or simply called automatic weapons. Recently, in 2020, Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace AS (aerospace company & subsidiary of Kongsberg Gruppen headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway) received a contract worth 49.8 million USD from General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada (military vehicle manufacturer based in Michigan, US) for delivery for Protector MCT-30 (medium caliber turret) remote weapon station (RWS) for integration with armored combat support vehicles. MCT-30 RWS has a medium caliber weapon system with coaxial mounting of anti-tank guided missile. Moreover, MCT-30 RWS includes a modular sensor suite for situational awareness, independent of weapon & ammunition system in-use. Similar contract was received by BAE Systems (defense & aerospace company headquartered in Farnborough, UK) worth 113.5 million USD for delivery of US Marine Corps’ new amphibious combat vehicle (ACV) mounted with MCT-30 RWS. ACV is equipped with 30 mm automatic cannon having link-less ammunition handling system for increased reliability than traditional linked ammunition handling system. Moreover, MCT-30 RWS is a platform independent weapon system with operational capability at both land & sea. Such demand for remote weapon station is expected to boost the global ammunition handling systems market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global ammunition handling systems industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global ammunition handling systems market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global ammunition handling systems market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global ammunition handling systems market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the ammunition handling systems market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the ammunition handling systems market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ammunition Handling Systems Market Report Highlights
By Weapon Type
By Feeding Mechanism
By Mode of Operation
Key Market Players
Moog Inc., General Dynamics, The Nammo Group, McNally Industries, BAE Systems, Meggitt Defense Systems, Dillon Aero Inc., Curtis-Wright Corporation, Nobles Worldwide Inc., Standard Armament Inc