Amniocentesis needle market is expected to witness growth in the upcoming years due to factors such as rise in pregnancy rate, increase in preference for minimally and non- invasive diagnostic procedures and high acceptance of diagnostic tests in developed countries.
Amniocentesis is a type of prenatal test that is also known as amniotic fluid test or AFT. Amniocentesis is performed for diagnosis of chromosomal abnormalities and infection in fetus. It can also be used for determination of sex. An amniocentesis needle is used for withdrawal of amniotic fluid accurately. Amniocentesis needles are sterile and are made for single usage. The needle tip has a spiral engraving to give a clear visibility under the assistance of ultrasound. The amniocentesis needle is set into the amniotic sac, which is away from both fetus and placenta for withdrawal of amniotic fluid.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The demand for medical supplies is increasing to take care of the infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have a significant impact on the amniocentesis needle market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as increase in rate of pregnancy and rise in preference for minimally and non- invasive diagnostic procedures are expected to fuel the growth of the amniocentesis needle market.
- Higher adoption and acceptance of diagnostic tests in developed nations and high rate of success for amniocentesis procedure has resulted in the growth for the amniocentesis needle market.
- Technological advancements made in amniocentesis process and growth in median age of first -time motherhood has fueled the amniocentesis needle market growth.
- However, factors such as fetal injuries, competition among the key players and high costs associated with the procedure is expected to hamper the growth for the market up to some extent in upcoming years
- Lack of awareness about amniocentesis technique and less availability of diagnostic equipment can hinder the market growth for amniocentesis needle over the forecast period.
New Product Launch / News:
- In April 2019, Boryung Biopharma launched "Mom Scanning Plus," which is a non-invasive prenatal test, alongside CancerRop, a local firm that detects genetic disorders using molecular diagnostics. The experiment uses the G-Scanning plus database, a tool that can diagnose neonatal developmental diseases by genetic analysis and can identify further than 100 distinct Microgen deletions and overlapping illnesses.
- In 2018, Medline Industries, Inc. (U.S.) acquired Centurion Medical Products (U.S.) to enhance its prenatal kits segment and complement its minor procedure tray kits and its growing infection prevention focus.
- In June 2018, Getinge introduced a new version of the Flow-c anesthesia machine. This product is intended to simplify the daily work flow of anesthesia in a rapidly-paced OR. The simple-to-use touchpad provides one control point for all tasks, and the operating ease of the system costs work and adds to enhanced flexibility in ORs. This product launch has expanded the product portfolio of the company as well as increased its market share.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the amniocentesis needle market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed amniocentesis needle market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the Amniocentesis Needle Market Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the amniocentesis needle market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the amniocentesis needle market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the amniocentesis needle market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What segments and region will drive the amniocentesis needle market growth & why?
Amniocentesis Needle Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Biopsybell, Möller Medical GmbH, LabIVF Asia Pte Ltd, Tsunami Medical, ARGON MEDICAL., Medtronic, Medline Industries, Rocket Medical, Integra Life Sciences Corporation, Cooper Surgical, Smiths Group, Cook Medical