Amorphous Polyethylene Terephthalate Market Analysis :
Amorphous polyethylene terephthalate is a thermoplastic sheet, which is an effective barrier to oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide. It is mainly used in packaging businesses, due to which it has higher demand. It possesses physical properties such as strength, inertness, stiffness, lightweight, clear appearance, low flavor absorption, and recyclable properties. It is non-toxic, biodegradable, and cost-effective polymer, highly used in food & beverages industry for packaging, cosmetics, personal care products, and pharmaceuticals.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- This pandemic has created panic-like situation, and lockdown is prevailing across the world.
- Attributed to the global lockdown, industries have been shut down from the last 1-2 months, leading to losses.
- The amorphous polyethylene terephthalate market is undergoing crisis due to low demand for its major end-user industry, which is food & beverages, where its usage has much higher rate than in any other industry. F&B has been under shutdown situation and is expected to remain stagnant for more time as governments have banned the sale of fast foods.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Rising demand for packaging films in the food & beverages industry due to properties, such as lightweight and moisture resistance, has become the important factor for driving the growth of the market globally. Moreover, increasing demand for amorphous polyethylene terephthalate in textile, automotive, and electronics has also been the reason behind its high growth rate. In the pharma industry, amorphous polyethylene terephthalate is used for capsule and tablet packaging, which increased its demand. There is increasing demand for amorphous polyethylene terephthalate for bottles manufacturing for different uses such as mineral water bottle, carbonated soft drink bottles, and ready to drink tea/ coffee cups, and others.
There is growing need for bio-degradable and eco-friendly packaging material across the globe, but due to variation in environment-related rules & regulations in different regions, companies are not able to cope up with these variations. Strict regulations regarding the use of plastic also hinder the growth of the market. Fluctuating price of raw material is also a challenge for the market growth.
Manufacturers of soft drinks, pharmaceuticals, and alcohols prefer amorphous polyethylene materials over traditional packaging due to their flexibility, low cost, and high inventory capacity. Outbreaks in synthetic methods for the production of amorphous polyethylene terephthalate provide excellent impact tolerance and durability. It has great resistance to chemicals and solvents, which gives improved precision.
The regions analyzed are North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and the Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and the Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of LATAM) and the Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific has a major share in the market, and North America accounts for the second largest in terms of market share due to high demand from food & beverages and pharmaceuticals.
The report is prepared while taking into consideration these market players such as Reliance Industries Limited, Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, Quadrant AG, Plastiverd, Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company, INVISTA, JBF Industries Ltd., Polisan Holding, DAK Americas, Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, Far Eastern New Century Corporation, Covestro AG, M&G Chemicals, Jiangsu Sanfangxiang Group Co., Teijin Limited, NOVAPET, OCTAL, UAB NEO GROUP, China Resources Packaging Materials Co. Ltd., Shahid Tondgooyan Petrochemical Company Polyester Industries, Lotte Chemicals, Petro Polymer Shargh, Equipolymers, Dhunseri Pertrochem Limited, BASF SE, EI Du Pont De Nemours & Co, Eastman Chemicals Company, and Dow Chemicals Company.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global amorphous polyethylene terephthalate market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global amorphous polyethylene terephthalate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global amorphous polyethylene terephthalate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the amorphous polyethylene terephthalate market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Amorphous Polyethylene Terephthalate Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Petro Polymer Shargh, Covestro AG, Plastiverd, Polisan Holding, Equipolymers, Shahid Tondgooyan Petrochemical Company Polyester Industries, OCTAL, Far Eastern New Century Corporation, DAK Americas, Dhunseri Pertrochem Limited, Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, EI Du Pont De Nemours & Co, Quadrant AG, NOVAPET, Dow Chemicals Company, Jiangsu Sanfangxiang Group Co., Lotte Chemicals, BASF SE, M&G Chemicals, Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company, UAB NEO GROUP, Reliance Industries Limited, INVISTA, Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, Teijin Limited, JBF Industries Ltd., China Resources Packaging Materials Co. Ltd., Eastman Chemicals Company