Amylases are one of the primary amylase used in industry. Such amylase hydrolyze the starch molecules into polymers combined with glucose units. Amylases have prospective application in a numerous industrial processes such as food, fermentation and pharmaceutical industries. Amylases can be acquired from plants, animals and micro-organisms. Nevertheless, amylase from fungal and bacterial sources have controlled the applications in industrial sectors. The production of amylase is essential for converting starches into oligosaccharides. Starch is an critical constituent of the human diet and is a essential storage product of many economically important crops such as wheat, rice, maize, tapioca, and potato.
The production of amylases has usually been carried out using sunken fermentation, however solid state fermentation systems appear as a bright technology. The properties of each amylase such as thermo-stability, pH profile, pH stability, and Ca-independency are important in the improvement of fermentation process.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
In the surge of the COVID-19 pandemic, industries across the world have faced the adverse impact of the pandemic, which reckon the food and beverage industry as well. Many manufacturing activities came to a sudden halt or were operating with limited production and staff. With Europe being among the biggest producers of amylase, and different nations in Europe being adversely hit by the pandemic, the supply chain and trade activities have been hindered. Nevertheless, demand for food products stayed high with increased demand for products with health-beneficial elements. Aamylase, being associated with immunity-boosting characteristics, has demand from food & beverage as well as pharmaceutical industries. Therefore, the amylase market suffered during the initial outbreak, but with lockdown easing across various nations, sales are anticipated to see a positive impact going ahead.
Top Impacting Factors
Demand for bio-preservation is rising due to consumer demand for necessary safety norms and standards in food products with high shelf life. With keeping food products attractive, producers of dairy, beverages, and fresh baking products are concentrating on finding natural and organic ways to keep their products fresh for a longer time. As today, artificial preservatives let down to meet the demand of modern consumers, amylase plays a critical role in the bio-preservation method. Amylase is able to preserve food and provide safety standards to various food products.
Consumer orientation toward chemical-free, natural, and organic food has decreased the usage of food additives, including emulsifiers. Amylase has appeared as a substitution for emulsifiers in the food industry, primarily for bakery products, as it provides equal benefits along with accelerating the shelf life and freshness in industrialized breads for instance pan bread and reducing the financial loss for manufacturers caused by rotting. The key benefit of amylase over other emulsifiers is that it is known as a clean label ingredient. Thus, growing clean label movement in the food industry is offering further potential sales benefits for the amylase market.
- Asia-Pacific amylase market is expected to undergo robust growth in the upcoming years, because the growing application of amylase for fermentation of milk to produce dairy products like curd, yogurt, cheese etc. The flourishing dairy industry in India is expected to have a positive affect on the demand for amylase in the coming years. Additionally, the rising popularity of recombinant amylase across different industries like detergents, pharmaceuticals etc. is another factor behind the rise of this market. The constant innovations in research and development activities to accelerate the yield, improve amylase specificity as well as stability is further anticipated to boost the growth of the market during the forecast time.
- Europe has one of the biggest alpha amylase market share which is anticipated to grow at decent rate. Developed nations of Europe and North America, will together account for almost half of the global alpha amylase market share in 2020. These regions, being home to big producers of amylase, added with growing awareness of utilizing health-beneficial elements by food and beverage manufacturers, which has contributed toward this high market share.
- Tier-1 players are concentrating on escalating production facilities to create and spread their reach in developing nations of the Asian region. Players are targeting the rising food & beverage industry and pharmaceutical industry for providing customers globally and increasing their share in the amylase market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the amylase market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the amylase market market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the amylase market market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed amylase market market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the amylase market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the amylase market market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Amylase Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Brisk Bioscience., Creative amylase Rejoice Life Ingredients Enzyme Bioscience Pvt. Ltd., Jiangsu Boli Bioproducts Co., Ltd., Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt Ltd, Novozymes, Infinita Biotech Private Limited, Aumgene Biosciences Lee BioSolutions, Sunson Industry Group Co., Ltd., Actiza Pharmaceutical Private Limited, AB amylase, Ottokemi Sinobios Karyotica Biologicals, Biolaxi Corporation