Analog Semiconductor Market Outlook – 2027
Analog semiconductor is an electronic component, which supports many functions and generates signal characteristics such as phase, amplitude, and frequency. Analog semiconductors are important technology enablers that drive many state-of-the-art digital devices. High-performance analog products that provide 12+ bits of resolution and 50+ MHz of bandwidth allow fastest-growing communications, machine, automotive, and industrial applications across the globe. The analog semiconductor industry is expected to dominate the market growth during the forecast period, owing to developing technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), autonomous driving, 5G technology, and the internet of things, and high R&D investments.
The global analog semiconductor market is segmented on the basis of type, components, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the analog semiconductor market is bifurcated into general purpose and application specific. In terms of components, the market is categorized into resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, and operational amplifiers. On the basis of industry vertical, the market is divided into consumer electronics, IT & telecommunication, automotive, manufacturing, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Analog semiconductor manufacturers companies incline to have lower manufacturing capital investment because their facilities tend to be less dependent than digital producers. These manufacturing equipment are specially designed to produce leading-edge process technologies. Increasing utilization of consumer electronic devices would fuel demand for analog semiconductor market during the forecast period.
In addition, surge in demand in industrial applications for advanced semiconductor chips is expected to provide growth opportunities for this market in the coming years. Moreover, analog and mixed-signal semiconductor end-products are more varied and specialized than relatively standardized, digital semiconductor products.
High Demand For Analog Semiconductors in the Communications Industry
Analog semiconductors have considerable demand in the communications industry, with the main driving force being growing smartphone production and suddenly increasing demand for the same. In addition, many smartphone manufacturers are investing heavily in R&D in order to bring out the state-of-the-art technology in order to remain in competition and have sustainable market share. Apart from this, the number of data centers around the world has increased significantly, further snowballing the demand for analog devices during the forecasted period.
The automobile segment is expected to hold the largest share in the market. The segment's rise is due to proliferation of hybrid and electric cars. Increasing demand for semiconductors in conventional car production will also boost the market share of semiconductors in the coming years. In addition, due to the increasing implementation of Industry 4.0, IoT, big data and artificial intelligence, the industrial application
segment is likely to account for the maximum market share.
Growing investment from the manufacturer in analog semiconductor and advancement in semiconductor industry is expected to create the growing demand from various industries and will help expand the European market. Furthermore, the increasing use of electronic goods across leading countries will also support market growth in Europe.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global analog semiconductor market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global analog semiconductor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global analog semiconductor market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global analog semiconductor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new analog semiconductors as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for analog semiconductors are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced analog semiconductors to enhance efficiency.
Questions Answered in the Analog Semiconductor Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the analog semiconductor market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the analog semiconductor market size?
- How current analog semiconductor market trends would influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Analog Semiconductor Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Skyworks Solutions Inc., STMicroelectronics, Qualcomm Technologies Inc., ON Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies AG, NXP Semiconductors, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Intel Corporation, Microchip Technology Inc., Maxim Integrated