Animal identification tags is a process used to identify and track specific animals. The tagging of animals is done due to various reasons such as biosecurity control, research verification of ownership, and agricultural purposes. These animal tags are an important for animal food safety, animal health, and disease control. Three types of animal identification tags available include radiofrequency identification devices (RFID), near field communication (NFC), and 2-dimensional codes to identify and track the livestock by applying ear tags on them. Each livestock is assigned an individual and unique electronic and physical printed tag numbers. A connected central electronic database is used to record each animal’s residency and keep a track of other animals.
The global animal identification tags market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, due to factors such as increase in concerns related to animal health and lack of labor. In addition, surge in prevalence of chronic diseases in livestock has led to rise in need for regular monitoring of livestock, which boosts the demand for animal identification tags. Moreover, animal identification tags require less power to store and exchange information, which fuels the market growth. Furthermore, increase in labor cost enables farmers to adopt animal identification tags, thereby accelerating the growth of the market. However, the need for arrangements such as IT infrastructure, database, inter- or intra-networks, and servers result in high cost of tags devices, which hampers the market growth. Low adoption of animal identification tags technology is in developing countries, owing to its high cost is further anticipated to restrain the market growth.
The global animal identification tags market is segmented based on type, product, working, frequency, application, wafer size, factor, label type, and region. Depending on type, the market is categorized into radiofrequency identification devices (RFID), near field communication (NFC), and 2-dimensional codes. On the basis of product, it is bifurcated into tags and reader. By wafer size market, it is classified as 200mm, 300mm, and others (450mm and more size). The applications covered in the market include healthcare, hospital equipment tracking, patient tracking, and pharmaceutical authentication. As per frequency, the market is segregated into low, high, ultrahigh, and active ultrahigh frequency. According to factor, it is fragmented into button, card, electronic housing, implants, key fob, label, and paper tickets. Based on label type, it is classified into plastic, paper, metal, glass, and others. Region wise, it is studied across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and rest of LAMEA).
The key players operating in global animal identification tags market are Ams AG, Microchip Technology Inc., Impinj, Inc., Alien Technology, LLC, Confidex Ltd., HID Global Corporation, Invengo Technology Pte. Ltd., Omni-ID, NXP Semiconductors, and RF Code.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- An in-depth analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global animal identification tags market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential from 2019 to 2026 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the animal identification tags market are profiled in this report, and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of global animal identification tags market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Radiofrequency Identification Devices (RID)
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- 2-dimensional Codes
By Wafer Size
- 200 mm
- 300 mm
- Others (450 mm and Others)
- Low Frequency
- High Frequency
- Ultrahigh Frequency
- Active Ultrahigh Frequency
- Hospital Equipment Tracking
- Patient Tracking
- Pharmaceutical Authentication
- Electronic Housing
- Key Fob
- Paper Tickets
By Label Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA