Squalene is an unsaturated hydrocarbon found in abundance in shark liver oil. All living organisms including humans naturally produce squalene, but its production is affected with age. Squalene is used in various industries, such as cosmetics, healthcare, and nutraceuticals due to its medicinal and pharmacological benefits, such as chemo-preventive agent, antioxidant, immune system restorer, and others.
Squalene prevents the formation of age spots, protects from UV damage, and promotes cell growth in skin. It is widely used as a cleansing and moisturizing compound in personal care and cosmetic products including, creams, lotions, bath oils, hair conditioners, lipsticks, sunscreens, and others. Thus, increasing consumption of squalene in cosmetics is the key driver for the market growth.
Rise in geriatric population has led to high prevalence of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Squalene helps in reducing carcinogen and cholesterol levels, which in turn is expected to fuel its demand in pharmaceutical applications. Moreover, increasing applications of squalene as an immune system support is expected to present lucrative opportunities for the market growth. However, government ban on shark fishing is expected to hamper the market growth.
The global animal-sourced squalene market is segmented based on application and geography. Based on application, the market is divided into cosmetics, food supplements, and healthcare. The market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key Market Players
- Arista Industries Inc.
- Empressa Figueirrense de Pesca
- Seadragon Marine Oils Limited
- Arista Industries Inc.
- Maruha Nichiro Corporation
- Gracefruit Limited
- Kishimoto Special Liver Oil Co. Ltd.
- Amyris Inc.
- New Zealand Green Health Ltd.
- Croda International PLC
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global animal-sourced squalene market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the applications of animal-sourced squalene.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Animal-sourced Squalene Market Key Segmentation:
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Food Supplements
- Cancer Treatment
- Heart Disease
- Skin Health
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA