Anti-counterfeit packaging is the process of securing and authenticating products in order to minimize counterfeiting or infringement malpractices. Anti-counterfeit measures are taken by companies, to minimize the losses incurred due to counterfeiting and to maintain their brand equity. The global anti-counterfeit packaging (Security document and event ticketing) market generated revenue of $22.8 billion in 2014 and is forecast to reach of $38.3 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 9.5%, over the forecast period.
Two major factors influencing the adoption of anti-counterfeit packaging technologies in security documents and event ticketing are, intellectual damage to the company in the form of goodwill and economic damage to consumer. Thus, the adoption of novel technologies for document tracking would reduce the impact of economic damage and further boost the adoption of the anti-counterfeit packaging market. Incorporation of advanced RFID technologies in document tracking and event ticketing has not only helped secure confidential documents, but has also helped in facilitating counterfeiting notifications on the event site. Counterfeiting practices are more common in developing countries, as compared to developed countries. However, the high cost for authenticating documents and event tickets considerably affects the market growth. Presently, heavy production and fragmented control over the supply of documents, are the two major challenges in this market.
Geographically, the report is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. North America anti-counterfeit technology market holds major share closely followed by Europe. Higher adoption rate of authentication technologies, active intervention from government authorities are largely responsible for the growth of the North America anti-counterfeit packaging market. The Asia-pacific region, is anticipated to witness fastest growth during the forecast period. This is due to growing awareness of authenticated products across manufacturers and a decrease in the cost of tracing anti-counterfeit technologies. Key players profiled in this report are Graphic Security Systems, Corp., Alpvision, Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), Prooftag (Novatec SA), IAI industrial systems, U-NICA Group. and Sicapa.
- The report highlights the market intellect along with the current trends and revenue for the period 2014- 2020
- This report highlights the key development strategies adopted by top companies in the market
- Evaluation of key market drivers and restraints for the anti-counterfeit packaging market segments are highlighted
- Trends in packaging technology are explained along with key market intelligence on packaging trends
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global anti-counterfeit technologies market and would assist in decisions making
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
Global anti-counterfeit technology market is categorized into:
MARKET BY TECHNOLOGIES
- Authentication technology
- Ink and Dyes
- Track and trace technology
- Barcode technology
- RFID technology
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America