Anti-static agents are used on material surfaces to prevent the build-up of static electrical charge due to the transfer of electrons. It makes the material conductive either by being conductive itself or by absorbing the moisture from the surrounding. These agents are biodegradable, free of sodium and potassium, and do not carry any possess any environmental risk. Quaternary ammonium salt, long chain aliphatic amines and amides, polyethylene glycol, esters of phosphoric acid, long-chain alkyl phenols, ethoxylated amines, and glycerol esters are some of the types of anti-static agents. These are non-hazardous when dissolved in water, improve thereby improving the process ability and providing excellent external and internal lubrication.
Anti-static agents possess high ionic content and low toxicity which can help in static charge prevention. These agents reduce attraction, cohesion and adhesive properties in a polymer. Currently, metals are being replaced by plastics in electronic components due to their higher flexibility, high cost effectiveness and light weight which in turn is increasing the demand for anti-static agents. In electronic components, anti-static agents help to prevent sparks and safeguard them from electrostatic dissipation.
The increasing demand in electronics and packaging industries are contributing to the growth of the global antistatic agent market. The presence of different alternatives for antistatic agents coupled with the volatile cost of raw materials can restrain the growth of the market. The companies in global anti-static agents market are focusing more on the innovation of the product which serves the growth opportunity for this market.
The global antistatic agents market is segmented on the basis of application and geography. The application segment includes electronics, industrial packaging, coating, gaming, military jet fuel and digital signage. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA.
Key players in the global antistatic agent market are BASF, Dow Chemical Company, Evonik Industries, 3M, Safic-Alcan Deutschland GmbH, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Cytec Industries Inc., and Akzonobel. The companies are concentrating on the research and development activities to deliver innovative products in the market. The Foster Corp. launched the new non-migratory anti-static agent, which has been manufactured by using polyether block amide polymer additive, in order to maintain continuous anti-static properties.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the anti-static agents market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- The market estimations are made in the report by conducting high-end analysis of the key market segments for the period of 2014‐2020
- Porters Five Forces model illustrates the potency of the buyers, suppliers, and competitors participating in the market
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global anti-static agents market is provided in the report
- Key market players within the anti-static agents market are profiled in the report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global anti-static agents market
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global anti-static agents market is segmented as below:
Anti-Static Agents Market ‐ By Application
- Industrial packaging
- Coating of windows
- Military jet fuel
- Digital Signage
Anti-Static Agents Market ‐ By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific