Anti-Tank Guided Missile System Market Outlook – 2027
The global anti-tank guided missile system market is growing considerably in par with developments in armored vehicles. Anti-tank guided missile system (ATGMS) is designed with main objective to destroy armored vehicle such as main battle tanks or infantry fighting vehicles. Anti-tank guided missile systems can vary in size from shoulder launched weapons to aircraft mounted weapon system. Since the introduction of man portable ATGMS, infantry in a battlefield has the capability to destroy light and medium tanks from a greater distance as compared to anti-tank rifles or magnetic anti-tank mines, which required to approach the target closely due to limited armor penetration ability. However, the battle tanks using composite and reactive armors are resistant to small ATGMS.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The COVID pandemic is expected to delay existing projects and planned projects due to lockdown imposed by the governments around the world.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic will be visible directly on the short supply of raw materials due operational issues.
Anti-tank guided missile tank system defense contractors are dealing with supply chain disruption as well as workforce shortage due production site access restrictions imposed by authorities to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Travel ban imposed by governments around the world to slow the spread of COVID-19 has hampered & delayed weapon system production and testing, especially for defense contractors relying on international workforce.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Surge in new generation anti-armor weapon system, increase in demand for fire-and-forget attack capability, and rise in adoption lock-on before launch (LOBL) having high impact accuracy are the factors that drive the global anti-tank guided missile system market. However, modern armor technology such as active protection system and presence of electronic jammers hinder the market growth. Contrarily, growing demand for shoulder ATGMS in developing countries, requirements for man portable air defense system in terrorist infested regions, and developments in precision targeting to reduce collateral damage present new pathways in the industry.
The global anti-tank guided missile system market trends are as follows:
Demand for fire-and-forget attack capability
Fire-and-forget missile systems have significant advantage over other ATGMS in terms of guidance system. For instance, with the top attack mode it has greater capability to destroy a tank with the help of a missile. The missile climbs sharply after launch and cruise at high altitude to finally dive on the top of the target where armor is weak. Moreover, it allows user to use older missiles making it cost effective for third world countries. Such features are expected to boost the anti-tank guided missile system market.
Surge in new generation anti-armor weapon system
Latest generation of ATGMS have high explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warheads specializing in thick tank armor penetration. In addition, HEAT warheads have an explosive charge shaped to focus the effect of explosive’s energy, known as shaped charge. Moreover, ATGMS such as FGM-148 Javelin and RBS-156 Bill are capable of penetrating composite and reactive armors. Such advanced missile systems will continue to propel anti-tank guided missile system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global anti-tank guided missile system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global anti-tank guided missile system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global anti-tank guided missile system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global anti-tank guided missile system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the anti-tank guided missile system market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the anti-tank guided missile system market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Anti-Tank Guided Missile System Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd., Raytheon Company, Denel SOC Ltd., General Dynamics Corporation, BAE Systems PLC, Lockheed Martin Corporation, SAAB Group, Roketsan A.S., KBP Instrument Design Bureau, MBDA