Antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), also known as anti-cancer drugs are promising and effective modalities for cancer therapies. The ADCs are prepared by combining two principles i.e. monoclonal antibody specificity and cell killing efficacy of HPAPI (highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredient). This combinational approach specifically kills the cancer cells by a toxic payload through binding and internalizing ADC into the cancerous cells. Several years of extensive biological research and developments in the pharmaceutical sector have led to the development of the worlds first two ADCs namely Adcetris and Kadcyla for cancer therapy. The ADC market is yet dormant as only two drugs are approved and commercialized till date. Adcetris from Seattle Genetics received the FDA approval in 2011 for the treatment of systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma and Hodgkins lymphoma. Kadcyla, a product from Genentech, used in the treatment of breast cancer received the FDA approval in 2013.
Furthermore, the antibody drug conjugates market is highly potential market with about 27 drugs that are currently under different phases of clinical trials in both solid tumors indications and hematological malignancies. Thus, ADCs hold great opportunities in the field of pharmaceuticals owing to their novel nature and profound therapy modality in comparison to conventional treatments. Extensive R&D and rising incidences of various cancers are the key factors that drive the growth of this market. However, the high cost associated with research activities, stringent regulatory requirements and several challenges associated with the manufacturing of these drugs are restricting the growth of the Antibody drug conjugates market.
The global antibody drug conjugates market is segmented on the basis of approved drugs, drugs in pipeline and geography. Approved drugs are segmented into Adcetris and Kadcyla. Pipeline drugs consist of many drugs such as T-DM1, CMC-544, CDX-011, SAR3419 and many others. Geographically, the report is segmented into four regions viz., North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Pfizer, Inc., Celldex Therapeutics Inc., Seattle Genetics, Genentech Inc., Immunogen Inc., Sanofi S.A., Immunomedics, Inc., Progenics Pharmaceuticals Inc., Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Synthon and many others. Few of the key strategies adopted by the top market players include technological advancements and collaborations. The key manufacturers with their ADCs pipelined in clinical trial stages include Pfizer, Inc. - notuzumab Ozogamicin, Celldex Therapeutics - Glembatumumab Vedotin, ImmunoGen, Inc.-Lorvotuzumab Mertansine, Sanofi S.A. - SAR3419, Progenics Pharmaceuticals - PSMA-ADC and few others. All the aforementioned drugs are under clinical trial phase II.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends along with the market dynamics of the global antibody drug conjugate market
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global antibody drug conjugate market is provided
- A comprehensive analysis of product types, applications, customers and geography segments helps to identify the growth opportunities in the global antibody drug conjugate market
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of leading antibody drug conjugates) highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across the geographies
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global antibody drug conjugate market is segmented into approved drugs, drugs in pipeline and geography.
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market By Drug Type
- Approved ADC Drugs
- Adcetris (brentuximab vedotin)
- Kadcyla (ado-trastuzumab emtanisine)
- Pipelined ADC Drugs
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market By Geography
- North America